Hair

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I like everything else, she really thinned my hair out and I really needed it, I had WAy to much.

greenfreak

WHOA.

I like it.

:D

It's shorter than I thought you were going to go, were you planning on that or did it just happen? Also, I didn't realize the bangs were so long. How short do you want them? Mine just about touch my eyebrows when they're dry.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm happy with the length, I wasn't planning to go so short but glad I did...it's a lit lighter. I hate the bangs, I wanted regular front bangs...that I could have hang traight down to about my eyebrows

greenfreak

That's good then, she can just cut them to the length you want. And the shorter, the lighter, so they'll have a little curve to them too.

The length is great. I'll bet turning your head was funny at first because of how light your hair is. The first time I had about a foot of hair cut off, I kept trying to flip my hair over my shoulder like I used to but there was nothing to flip. :)

BeardofPants

Takes a while to get used to having hair in your face - I went from long hair, and tying it back all the time, to getting a layered fringe which started from brow length, and swept down into longer bangs that framed my face. You do get used to it, but wearing glasses doesn't help at ALL.

My hair has been cut really short now, I should post an updated pic up sometime - it's cut to sit just above my shoulders, but my bangs sit just below my glasses now, so they're a lot easier to manage.

I'm sorry you had such a disappointing haircut; unfortunately they never quite turn out how you want them to. I had mine cut a couple of weeks ago, and didn't like how it sat (was *just* sitting on my shoulders), so I got it re-cut a week ago, and whilst it still wasn't what I was exactly after, it was better than the first cut.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I managed to get the damn un-bangs pinned under my other hair so you can't really tell they're there...my options are to let them grow out or to get them cut into actual bangs...I plan to get them cut so that they're like the pic I posted up there somewhere...but, for now, with the un-bangs hidden and some styling product in...

Inkara1

Nixy said:
The bangs are suppose to fall to the side...but I hate it...and I think it's cut to far back to have them fall to the front...I'm already crying my eyes out so i may aswell post the pic...
what's wrong with the look in the pics you posted in the post I quoted? I'd say "I'd do ya" but we're in public and a couple people might get mad... in any case, I like the look at least.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
what's wrong with the look in the pics you posted in the post I quoted? I'd say "I'd do ya" but we're in public and a couple people might get mad... in any case, I like the look at least.

The bangs like that irk me

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Put on a nicer shirt and took some more pics...no clips or anything in now...maybe I'll leave it as is...maybe I wasn't meant to have bangs and I'll just be patient and wait for the short bits that were suppose to be bangs to grow a bit.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah I know...I am making this a WAY bigger deal than it need be...but whatcha gonna do?

BeardofPants

This is the 2nd haircut - the first one was too long and had this awkward kink in it (sat just above my shoulders). Wasn't quite what I was after, but I'm happy enough with it.
How are you feeling about your haircut now? Still depressed?

Inkara1

BeardofPants said:
This is the 2nd haircut - the first one was too long and had this awkward kink in it (sat just above my shoulders).
Odd... I always thought you were a kinky sort of person.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Hey BOP, the "bangs" still irk me...I am undecided if I wanna deal with them til they grow a bit (not wear them as bangs) and scrape the whole bangs thing or if I wanna go back and get regular bangs...my roomie will be home tomorrow, I'm gonna ask for her advice. It's so hard to tell just through pictures.