Hair

greenfreak

Get them THIN. Almost-not-there-bangs. The first cut I had with bangs, they cut them too thick and I looked like I was wearing a helmet. You can always get thicker later.

Like that first picture, you can also train them to the side if they're long enough (or if you're not adverse to hair products).

greenfreak

Plus your hair is dark so your bangs don't have to be thick to be noticeable. You want to be able to see peeks of forehead. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The place I'm going is suppose to be FANTASTIC, the lady I'm getting cut my friend's hair last week. Apparently she listens and does what you ask so I'll be sure to mention that I want thin-ish bangs, thanks :)

greenfreak

Do they have hair books/magazines? Maybe you could go early and then you can just show her the page and say, "I want this." That always works. :)

greenfreak

That doesn't look like it's layered though. Just cut down on an angle on the front. That style with long layers that start past your jawline would look pretty damn good.

I wonder if your head is going to feel lighter. ;)

Professur

Wasn't there a website that let you morph a photo of yourself to see how different hair styles would look on you?

greenfreak

Shit. That would be great. I have to figure out what I'm doing for the wedding. I can't really wear my hair in my face. Unfortunately.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Wasn't there a website that let you morph a photo of yourself to see how different hair styles would look on you?

I found one but you need to pay for it

greenfreak

I'm torn because all of the "wedding hair" pictures I've seen have it pulled back. My face looks like a moon when my hair is all pulled back. But there's no in-between.

I don't like that slicked back look either. Or sticky stuff. But I'm going to have to deal with a non-moving style no matter what.

What do you think of a tamer style like this?

bridalhair.jpg

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
No after pics, I am unhappy...the lady did side bangs and i hates it. I am going back Monday and making her make them regulat bangs like in the pic.

tonksy

Did you wash and style it yourself afterwards? i have a woman who cuts my hair terrific but I hate the way she styles it. Maybe you might like it after you do it yourself.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
or not..I just pulled my hair up so I can stop thinking about it and look how fucking far back my head these bangs are cut!

tonksy

That's not so far back really...but they do look awfully long. I can understand, I don't like to see my hair. It has to not interfere with my vision.

greenfreak

I'm sorry Nixy, I don't know why they do that. I had the same thing happen to me the first time, and I made sure to tell them the next time what not to do.

What about parting your hair so the "back" bangs fall to the side instead of the front in the meantime? I don't know how to explain it really.

Did she give you long layers at the bottom and taper the front down? Are you happy with everything else except the bangs?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
I'm sorry Nixy, I don't know why they do that. I had the same thing happen to me the first time, and I made sure to tell them the next time what not to do.

What about parting your hair so the "back" bangs fall to the side instead of the front in the meantime? I don't know how to explain it really.

Did she give you long layers at the bottom and taper the front down? Are you happy with everything else except the bangs?

The bangs are suppose to fall to the side...but I hate it...and I think it's cut to far back to have them fall to the front...I'm already crying my eyes out so i may aswell post the pic...