Hair

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
I told ya to leave well enough alone. Didn't I tell you? Yes I did.

I had TO MUCH hair though...SOMETHING needed to be done.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
And something was. And you're still moaning and complaining.

Yeah I am, when I pay someone $40 for 45min of work I expect them to LISTEN to what I want and the "bangs" are NOT what I wanted...the rest of it I love...but the "bangs" are NOT the bangs I asked for...

Uki Chick

BeardofPants said:
This is the 2nd haircut - the first one was too long and had this awkward kink in it (sat just above my shoulders). Wasn't quite what I was after, but I'm happy enough with it.
How are you feeling about your haircut now? Still depressed?

I think the cut looks great on you! It really suits you!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Didn't have a mirror there, eh?

Yeah but until i got home and combed my hair I didn't realize how retarded the bansg were cut, pretty much unless I'm wearing it in a side part (and spending a lot of time blowdrying) it's just a piece of hair that hangs in my face.

BeardofPants

Have you washed it and styled it yourself? Often when you first get a cut, it does look a bit silly cos they iron it flat, but once you've washed it yourself, and it's got a bit more body, they look a lot better.

Uki Chick said:
I think the cut looks great on you! It really suits you!

Thanks - I wasn't really after a 'bob' look, I wanted it cut a bit more shaggier, and the way it's cut now, means I can't do a messier style.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah I've washed and styled it...I need to get a flat iron because otherwise at this length is just poofs, there's no weight to hold it down. I still hates the "bangs" they just sit there and I can't make them look good no matter what I do.

Professur

Your hair has had that weight on it for how long? It'll settle in a few days. Until then, there's no point in going on and on about it. Nor cutting it any shorter until you see how it looks once the rest relaxes and gets used to not having the ends.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Your hair has had that weight on it for how long? It'll settle in a few days. Until then, there's no point in going on and on about it. Nor cutting it any shorter until you see how it looks once the rest relaxes and gets used to not having the ends.

My hair was at my chin less than 2 years ago...so really it hasn't been extremely long for a long period of time. The main part of my hair I have NO issue with, my hair ALWAYS poofs when it's this length though, in the past I've had it this length fairly constantly for a year or so...before I didn't care, now I do and want to iron it. As for the bangs, I wanted bangs to begin with...I'm not going til Wednesday though, I want my roommate's suggestions about what to do with them first.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So, I made it through the hell that was that hair cut and today I took a huge leap of faith. A friend of mine is apprenticing under a guy who owns a salon, another friend of ours had her hair cut by our apprentice friend (and then "finished off" by the owner) and she was RAVING about how this guy (the owner) is so good at cutting hair to look good with ones face and also listening to what they want. The apprentice friend has also raved to me about how awesome his boss is. So, today I went in to have my hair cut. Instructed him that for work I must beable to pull my hair back into a ponytail and that I enjoy it being long. He actually took the front pieces of my hair and MEASURED how long they'd need to stay inorder to be pulled back...he then ASKED me if it was ok if the very front just tucked behind my ears (and I said yes)...noone has ever ASKED me that before, they just do it anyway. He then played with my hair for a bit and said "OK I know what we're going to do". I didn't even ask, I just got my hair washed and let him cut...well, the outcome is FANTASTIC!

LOOK!

Inkara1

Just so you don't think I deserted you... my connection is cycling back and forth between on and off, so if I just seemed to disappear on MSN that's why.