Haitian Earthquake 2010

2minkey

bootlicker
voodoo is essentially african traditional religion (ATR) with a superficial gloss of catholicism.

I think a lot of the haitian fuckers were fon (an african group)...

(pause)

hey i'm right...

linky

MrBishop

Haitians are 80% RCatholic, 20% Protestant. Better average than most countries that claim the 'holier than thou' title.

2minkey

bootlicker
ha ha yeah 80% catholic. right. within that 80%, about 22.4% of the beliefs and practices are consistent with what you and i would call catholicism. when's the last time you saw somebody in church getting ridden by damballah? (well, then, if'n yer one of those wacky evangelists, you may have seen or done something close to that with all the imaginary spirits and tongues blathering and whatnot. gotta love all that primitive irrational religion stuff.)

ResearchMonkey

Breaking News: ALL SEX WILL BE REDUCED TO A MEDICAL PROCEDURE IMPLIMENTED BY THE GOVERNMENT; ALL THE TOUCHY FEELY STUFF HAS BEEN DISCOVERED TO BE TOO PRIMITIVE AND WASTE OF VALUABLE RESOURCES. MEN WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE PROCESS ENTIRELY, ALL MALES REPORT TO YOUR LOCAL CLINIC FOR NEUTERING.

MrBishop

ha ha yeah 80% catholic. right. within that 80%, about 22.4% of the beliefs and practices are consistent with what you and i would call catholicism. when's the last time you saw somebody in church getting ridden by damballah? (well, then, if'n yer one of those wacky evangelists, you may have seen or done something close to that with all the imaginary spirits and tongues blathering and whatnot. gotta love all that primitive irrational religion stuff.)

Faith is a weird thing at the best of times...it said so in my Horoscope.

catocom

Breaking News: ALL SEX WILL BE REDUCED TO A MEDICAL PROCEDURE IMPLIMENTED BY THE GOVERNMENT; ALL THE TOUCHY FEELY STUFF HAS BEEN DISCOVERED TO BE TOO PRIMITIVE AND WASTE OF VALUABLE RESOURCES. MEN WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE PROCESS ENTIRELY, ALL MALES REPORT TO YOUR LOCAL CLINIC FOR NEUTERING.

hmmm, so which head does the mark of the beast go on again? :p

2minkey

bootlicker
The devil is a Hebrew concoction. Also exists in Islam. ;)

sort of. jews don't have the same kind of devil concept. there's a bad angel and all, but it's not nearly as present or powerful as christians make it.

Christianity is a splinter group of Jewish and Islamic faiths. ;)

um, except for the fact that christianity preceded islam by about 650 or so years...

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah, i knew that about trijicon. those are great glass, BTW. if i still had something appropriate to put one on, i'd own one.

hmmm. don't see any scriptural refs on my trijicon night sights though... prolly not enough space... though could be hiding under the front sight... umm, secret jesus.

Gotholic

oh that must explain the church's acquiescence to the third reich.

:cutup:

That is not true.

"Pius XII saved hundreds of thousands of Jews. The Jewish historian Pinchas Lapide thought it might have been as many as 860,000: there were fewer than 1,200 on Oskar Schindler's list. Yet the one individual who did more than anyone else on the planet to help the Jews is reviled: that is a parable of our dementedly anti-Catholic society." - Gerald Warner

ResearchMonkey

bushobamakickmesign.jpg