Harry Pothead & the something or other *spoilers*

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I wanna say that the book itself was $17.98 before shipping and as its an internet sale there is no sales tax.

Ah, there you go...we still pay 14% taxes on internet orders...mine was 22.50 before shipping and tax

tonksy

The only time we pay tax on internet orders is when it is sold to someone in the state it originated from.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The only time we pay tax on internet orders is when it is sold to someone in the state it originated from.

Oh, maybe it's the same here...but everything comes from southern ontario so I pay taxes on everything...

tonksy

Huh...odd. We seem to have good sized print though (which I like) so maybe that accounts for it.
I am in the middle of chapter 15.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My print is fairly large too.

Do you have the "adult" or "children's" version? Maybe the font sizing is different in them.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
After a quick look on Amazon.com I believe we have different versions (ie. published by different companies). I think we get the British Version here where as you guys have a slightly different American version (on Wikipedia it talks about how in one of the other books some lines were taken out in the British version but left in in the American version)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Mine only has 607. The difference in page numbers likely is due mostly to font sizes, not individual lines being different (it was that during the sorting in the first book one unnecessary name was left out or something trivial).

Here they cover the books differently, there's a "children's cover" that is more coverful and animated and an "adult" cover that is black with a photo of something relevant to the book.

kuulani

I just finished the book!! I was refraining from entering this thread for fear of spoilers but now I can wander around without fear :D

Winky

aright so I never so much as ever held one of them books in my hand but have seen up to movie Five, someone give me the readers digest condensed version of books six and seven

chcr

Too cute for words
aright so I never so much as ever held one of them books in my hand but have seen up to movie Five, someone give me the readers digest condensed version of books six and seven

Reading. It's "fun"-damental.

Winky

Reading umpteen thousand pages of a kids book series
is asinine, paying hundreds of dollars for the privilege
that borders on the insane, although both my
Wife and Son read them all…

So where is my synopsis of books six and seven?

tonksy

I am on 609, Chapter 31.

Winky - A synopsis of 6 & 7 wouldn't make much sense if you haven't read the books as the movies cut out a lot of info. The books, while geared to a younger persons interest, are well written enough for most adults to enjoy. They read fast too.

tonksy

Someone else will have to do it. When I read a series I have a hard time remembering where one book leaves off and another begins.

Winky

I understand I only asked because:
1. the Wifey and child have yet to read book seven and
2. would be quite a task indeed.

To spit out some spoilers is childs play but to actually
provide a coherent synopsis
(in the framework of someone who has only seen the movies) is a more demanding task.

One which I'm sure a few are capable but couldn't find the
motivation to produce unless it was for money or a grade.

My collage kid could do it (and has upon request many times).

Heh heh you know being a pain in the ass is truly a full time profession for me?

yeah Winky tell us sumthin’ we aren’t already aware of, M’Kay?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ritalin_o.jpg