Health Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Ah, so you don't pay all your own bills. Other people had to chip in.

Sounds like you had a system similar to the public option. Just instead of government you had some greedy corporate bureaucrats. :thumbup:

CHOICE. Everybody deserves one.

should everyone be required to have insurance on their vehicle(s)?

No. Although, since driving isn't a right & you could walk instead of driving, you do have an option.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So then, you didn't hear him say in his 45 minute commercial last night that he plans on destroying the insurnace industry? No pre-existing clause, more coverage, less cost = deathknell.

MrBishop

Healthcare, like Police and Firefirghters are essential services... you don't have a choice when you need them to 'shop around' - it makes no sense to have these services to be for profit.

catocom

Healthcare, like Police and Firefirghters are essential services... you don't have a choice when you need them to 'shop around' - it makes no sense to have these services to be for profit.

unlike those other services though, now, you can get a second opinion, or third.
What if one doc misdiagnoses.

catocom

Anybody wanna bet that nobody reads this bill either?
I might take that bet now. :D

If you can afford to pay your doctor, why should you be forced to aquire insurance? Just to please some beauracrat. Bullshit.

That says get in now or forever stay out. Otherwise, a provision would be made for later enrollments.

yeah the people that think any 'option' would remain, have too much faith it the gov. to do right.
Personally IMO we've been burned too much lately, giving special powers out.
From both major parties.

edit: by lately, I mean since 9/11

MrBishop

unlike those other services though, now, you can get a second opinion, or third.
What if one doc misdiagnoses.

If it's not a rush, sure you can... but get into an accident :shrug: I can't see anyone in an ambulance saying "Take me to St.Mary's - I've got points there."

If you mistrust the first doctor's diagnosis, I suppose that you can wait for and pay for a second series of tests and appointments, or a third. It depends currently on how lenient your insurance is, eh.

Professur

If it's not a rush, sure you can... but get into an accident :shrug: I can't see anyone in an ambulance saying "Take me to St.Mary's - I've got points there."

If you mistrust the first doctor's diagnosis, I suppose that you can wait for and pay for a second series of tests and appointments, or a third. It depends currently on how lenient your insurance is, eh.

I'm calling BS on ya. When your kid started wheezing, You drove past two hospitals on your way to see his doctor.

catocom

there won't be any "your insurance".

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No?

You won't have to worry about receiving a surprise bill in the mail, because we'll limit the amount your insurance company can force you to pay out of your own pocket.
KA-CHING!!!

You won't have to worry about preexisting conditions because never again will anyone in America be denied coverage because of a previous illness or injury.
KA-CHING!!!

transcript

First of all, let's understand that when I came in, we had a $1.3 trillion deficit, annual deficit, that we had already inherited. We had to immediately more forward with a stimulus package because the American economy had lost trillions of dollars of wealth.…

Then we had to pass a budget, by law, and our budget had a 10- year projection -- and I just want everybody to be clear about this. If we had done nothing, if you had the same old budget as opposed to the changes we made in your budget, you'd have a $9.3 trillion deficit over the next 10 years. Because of the changes we've made, it's going to be 7.1 trillion (dollars).

Now, that's not good, but it's $2.2 trillion less than it would have been if we had the same policies in place when we came in.

But here is what the Congressional Budget Office had to say about Obama’s budget:

The cumulative deficit from 2010 to 2019 under the President’s proposals would total $9.3 trillion, compared with a cumulative deficit of $4.4 trillion projected under the current-law assumptions embodied in CBO’s baseline.

So in other words, Obama said his cumulative deficit is “$2.2 trillion less than it would have been,” but the CBO says the deficit is actually $4.9 trillion more than it otherwise would have been.

American Spectator

MrBishop

there won't be any "your insurance".

Exactly... nobody to stop you from getting that second opinion, or getting treated properly without fear of being refused at the door, or chased by collection agencies after the fact.

catocom

Exactly... nobody to stop you from getting that second opinion, or getting treated properly without fear of being refused at the door, or chased by collection agencies after the fact.

that would remain to be seen.
Personally I don't wanna find out, or take the chance, and it does seem to be chancy.

Inkara1

The thing with this health care bill... notice the pressure to pass it RIGHT NOW?

It's a lot like when the Dish Network salesman knocks on your door and tells you all this great stuff about it but you have to buy it right now. Then, after you do buy it and are already committed, that's when you find out the bad stuff, like, say, how when Dish gets in a tiff with a provider like Viacom, they yank the channels and tell the customers to blame Viacom, or the billing department sucks, or what have you. If you'd had a chance to really look it over, you might have known both the good and bad things going in and could have made a more-informed decision.

Similarly, Obama is telling us all these good things about Obamacare but we have to buy right now. What kind of bad stuff will we find out later once we're committed?

Frodo

Nobody except the government. Whom you can not sue with out the government's permission by the way.

MrBishop

Nobody except the government. Whom you can not sue with out the government's permission by the way.

You fail to understand how this works at all. You don't have to ask the GVTs permission for anything at all. You have a card. You swipe it when you're in a clinic/hospital/doctor's office and you get served..and that's the last you hear of it. They don't even bill your home.

After that, it's between the GVT and the hospital. If the hospital is trying to charge for a heavily padded bill and unnecessary tests, they soon learn that they're doing it for free..cause the GVT don't take that kinda BS any more than would an insurance company.

jimpeel

I don't expect the Libs, here, to watch this; although they will say that he is wrong anyway based solely on their hatred of him. The Cons will appreciate what he has to say, though.

If you Libs had someone who could speak like this, give analysis like this, make as much sense as this Air America would still be on the air and would be giving Conservative radio a run for their money.

In four parts, Rush tells it like it is.

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

MrBishop

He's long winded, to say the least, and the majority of what's he's sayin g is opinion instead of Economics. I don't have the time to listen to him now... but if you can find an economist who can actually keep his arguments to direct points/counter-points, that'd be worth listening to.

MrBishop

The first part - which I've got playing in the background now..is about the other arrest thread. Makes no sense having it in this thread.

"Nobody leaves this country for healthcare" - bullshit! I know of several people personally who have come to Montreal alone for healthcare.

**Just after a few minutes..my direct opinion is that Rush is horribly paranoid and trying desperately to make every one else scared. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.