Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Lilly

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Whatever...

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

majestyx

tonksy said:
But the next county over had the sweetest beer stores! You had these musclebound dudes shopping with you to help you find what you needed and to carry your things. they'd load your trunk for you. Great service.
In Texas??? If so, PLEASE tell me where that is!!! I need to start shopping that beer store! In Texas, you can't buy beer after midnight on Friday nights until 10am on Saturday morning and from 1am on Sundays until 10am on Mondays. ALL liquor stores are closed on Sundays and ALL Federal holidays (even if it isn't on a Sunday).

Slim Pickens

Maj, it was about 15 miles south of Tyler, on the south side of Lake Palestine, on the hwy that runs from Tyler to Palestine

alex

majestyx said:
In Texas??? If so, PLEASE tell me where that is!!! I need to start shopping that beer store! In Texas, you can't buy beer after midnight on Friday nights until 10am on Saturday morning and from 1am on Sundays until 10am on Mondays. ALL liquor stores are closed on Sundays and ALL Federal holidays (even if it isn't on a Sunday).

Damn, I thought Alabama was bass ackwards. Come to think of it, it's been so long since I bought beer late night, I can't remember what the hours are. I do know you can buy beer and liquor on Sunday. All the State run liquor stores are closed on Sunday, but all the independent stores are open. I always make sure to hit the state store every couple of weeks (it's much cheaper than the independant store) and get a half gallon of Jack....that's all I need. Every once in a while I'll grab a 12 pack of Corona while I'm at the grocery store on Saturday.

Professur

alex said:
Damn, I thought Alabama was bass ackwards. Come to think of it, it's been so long since I bought beer late night, I can't remember what the hours are. I do know you can buy beer and liquor on Sunday. All the State run liquor stores are closed on Sunday, but all the independent stores are open. I always make sure to hit the state store every couple of weeks (it's much cheaper than the independant store) and get a half gallon of Jack....that's all I need. Every once in a while I'll grab a 12 pack of Corona while I'm at the grocery store on Saturday.

A half gallon of Jack every 2 weeks????:eek2:

I expect it bypasses your bloodsystem altogether now, and jsut drops through the hole in your stomache to beat up your liver.

alex

Professur said:
A half gallon of Jack every 2 weeks????:eek2:

I expect it bypasses your bloodsystem altogether now, and jsut drops through the hole in your stomache to beat up your liver.

At 3-4 drinks a night it don't take long to polish of a half gallon ;)

Professur

The minister bought me a bottle of JD (in metal tin, no less) as a thanks for some computer repair I did for him. I've yet to crack the seal.

majestyx

Slim Pickens said:
Fat Dog's...and Maj, you're only about 1-1 1/2 hours away
Yeah, but that's a little far just for a trip to the beer store. Especially if I only have to drive 3 miles for a beer run!

Professur

Nixy said:
DON'T let me drink any of it when I come to visit you this summer.

I think that's pretty much a given, young lady. I'm thinking ..... milk and fruit juice, just like the rest of the kids.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
I think that's pretty much a given, young lady. I'm thinking ..... milk and fruit juice, just like the rest of the kids.

Not even a drink with dinner? What if I hand over my keys (not that I'd ever get behind the wheel if I'd had more than one drink...and never within 2 hours of having said drink...)

Although for the record I would NOT want the drink with dinner to be Jack...whisky/rye and I do not get along.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
alex said:
Better yet, send the bottle and Nixy :grinyes:

Hey man! If someone's playing for my plane ticket I'm open to seeing new places before I get me a job and become a grown up!

alex

Nixy said:
Hey man! If someone's playing for my plane ticket I'm open to seeing new places before I get me a job and become a grown up!

You sound like you've already been drinking :eek3:

Repeat after me: plenty of pink planes, plenty of pink planes....

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
alex said:
You sound like you've already been drinking :eek3:

Repeat after me: plenty of pink planes, plenty of pink planes....

No, unfortunately I'm in the middle of exams so no alcohol for me...responsibility and all that jazz.