• Hibiscus

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Lilly

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Whatever...

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

alex

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Anybody with enough sense can stock up for the weekend. Of course in our teen years, we didn't have the money to stock up.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
alex said:
It's not all it's cracked up to be. Anybody with enough sense can stock up for the weekend. Of course in our teen years, we didn't have the money to stock up.

How would you beable to come across money on a Sunday to want to buy beer with that you didn't have on Fri or Sat?

AlphaTroll

Used to be against the law to sell alcohol between 18h00 on Saturdays and 08h00 on Mondays here.

Law's changed though - you can buy booze anywhere on a Sunday now. Can't really say it's made a significat difference to my life.

alex

Nixy said:
How would you beable to come across money on a Sunday to want to buy beer with that you didn't have on Fri or Sat?

That was exactly my point...when I was younger and broke. Now I just go to the ATM if I need money....on any given day.

AlphaTroll

I find it helps if I actually have money in the bank. No use in going to the ATM and standing there like a fucktard, hoping the machine will take pity on you :shrug:

(Doesn't work....trust me on that one)

alex

AlphaTroll said:
I find it helps if I actually have money in the bank. No use in going to the ATM and standing there like a fucktard, hoping the machine will take pity on you :shrug:

(Doesn't work....trust me on that one)

So you have actually stood in front of an ATM like a fucktard hoping it would take pity on you?

Slim Pickens

When Tonks and I lived in NE Texas, the closest place that sold ANY alcohol (except a drink with a meal) was almost 14 miles away, across the lake in another county

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
AlphaTroll said:
Used to be against the law to sell alcohol between 18h00 on Saturdays and 08h00 on Mondays here.

The whole sunday is forbidden here, and all days after 11pm. People sell it anyway, illegaly.

BeardofPants

Slim Pickens said:
When Tonks and I lived in NE Texas, the closest place that sold ANY alcohol (except a drink with a meal) was almost 14 miles away, across the lake in another county
Geez Louise, you need one of those amendments, something along the lines of " the right to bear alcohol". ;)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
Geez Louise, you need one of those amendments, something along the lines of " the right to bear alcohol". ;)

Oh they woulda had the right to bear it...but nobody had the right to SELL it :D

tonksy

But the next county over had the sweetest beer stores! You had these musclebound dudes shopping with you to help you find what you needed and to carry your things. they'd load your trunk for you. Great service.

Professur

They were hunting for dates. That you were from the other side of the river was the only thing that saved you, you know.