Hobbies? OTher than OTC that is :)

AlphaTroll

unclehobart said:
ALPHA!!!! .... Lass, o' mine! How be thee? Still on holiday?

Hey gorgeous :kiss:

Back at work today and truth be told I would rather be anywhere else - damn that was a short holiday, could easily have stayed away longer. But it was good fun while it lasted.

How's everyone been?

MrBishop

Professur said:
Bish, you ever gonna finish building that damn glider?

Broke the wing somewhat a few months ago...need to buy more balsa to fix it. At this rate, it'll never fly:(

I was going to limit myself to one hobby...soemthing that I could do in the winter and summer etc..., and I picked those Miniatures and the gaming that goes with it. I'd love to have the spare time for another hobby or two, but with all the work on the house that needs doing, I can barely even touch my one hobby :(

BeardofPants

I'm thinkin' of taking up Hapkido... any one got any experience? I used to do taekwondo (got to blue belt) when I was a young 'un, and I'm keen to get back into another martial art. 'Course, what I really wanna do is ninjitsu, and learn the art of stealth, and bomb making! :lol:

Winky

I used to have several hobbies
makin' six figgers a year
being married
raising a kid

gave it all up for OTC

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I hike when my health allows it.

I fish.

Before the fire, I collected LPs and CDs, KISS memorabelia, and Stephen King books. Now I gotta rebuild my CD collection. The others...probably not gonna fool with them.

I study Confederate history and Lincolnian lies. Plenty of both to go around.

catocom

hobbies:
testing computer hardware, and software.
Fixing stuff, like I just git a 6-32 tap yesterday so I can put a screw in the
old Oreck vacuum motor spindle, with a washer, to keep the belt inline.
The spindle got tapered over the years, and the belt runs off.

When it's warm enough I mess around in my barn fixing, and tinkering, some
engineering. I got all kinds of junk to fabricate with. :swing:

If I ever get the time, I want to fabricate a water-wheel t0 generate some
electricity. I don't know what scale it might be yet.

abooja

These days, I mostly like to cook. I made homemade chicken pot pies, chicken noodle soup (both with homemade chicken broth), and a lemon meringue pie yesterday. A little overkill and my arms are about to fall off from having to beat those egg whites with a whisk, but it was fun.

I also like to follow some sports (baseball and NASCAR), read (when I'm not falling asleep on the train/bus), write (here, emails, wishing I could get paid to do that for a living -- not emails, though), take photos, mess around with my computer and, when time permits and I am so inclined, sketch portraits.