How Did You Find OTC?

Gotholic

I'm just curious as to how you guys found out about this board. I have never heard of this place but found it through a Google search.

So how did you come to be here?

Oh, and who created the board?

BTW: I would like to thank Jeslek (even though I know he has been banned) since it was through his post about Evolution that I found this place from Google...

freako104

It was from a while back so here is the story
Vampire Queen from JJR512 had an ad on Goth personals or some similar site
she and I became friends and she invited me to JJR
Leslie had the link to OT in her sig.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Gotholic said:
Riiiight...
It's more true than you realize.

I guess the idea that I was asking if some human created this message board went way over your head...?
I guess sarcasm goes way over your head? :lloyd:

Ok, heres the story.

Once upon a time there was an OT forum at a little place called HWC. The Admins at HWC were vicous little bastards that forbid talking in anything but a civilized, upscale manner. Hence, the OT forum was closed. Then a giant of a man named Sammy decided he would open his own little hole in the internet and called it OTC. Things just went to shit from there.

The end.

BeardofPants

Was posting on a site called entmoot.com, which was suffering from much the same problems as HWC by the sounds of it - overzealous admins, etc, etc. Got dragged over here by Natalie (Miss Anne Thrope) and oz, who have since moved on to PiL.

Professur

PT said:
It's more true than you realize.

I guess sarcasm goes way over your head? :lloyd:

Ok, heres the story.

Once upon a time there was an OT forum at a little place called HWC. The Admins at HWC were vicous little bastards that forbid talking in anything but a civilized, upscale manner. Hence, the OT forum was closed. Then a giant of a man named Sammy decided he would open his own little hole in the internet and called it OTC. Things just went to shit from there.

The end.

PT, you forgot the rest of the story.

Then HWC forgot the lessons of the past and there was another OT forum at a little place called HWC. The Admins at HWC were vicous little bastards that forbid talking in anything but a civilized, upscale manner. Thus, the OT forum will be closed. Then a giant of a man named Sammy decided he would keep open his own little hole in the internet and called it OTC. Things just went to shit from there.

chcr

Too cute for words
PT said:

The end.
Exactly. I waited a bit longer than most of the insane people who originally populated this place, but I knew it was here from HWC. When I finally got around to it I saw that I fit right in. :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Then a giant of a man named Sammy decided he would keep open his own little hole in the internet and called it OTC
and I fell into the hole and can't get back out.

Dave

fury was helping out at another forum, i think it was a subaru forum, and i followed a link in his sig over here.

catocom

as best as I can remember....
fury somewhat started, or continued :confused: some shit-sling at jjr's about xibase.
Naturally I had to check out xi, to see what it was about, and I think
it was there that otcentral was mentioned some time later.
I'm not real sure, but that may have been the real start of the ending
for jjr's board.
I believe forum owners should stick together, not go about flaming other
boards, which unfortunately jjr had somewhat of a rep. for.

Noticed even when all that was going on, I'd see Sam (neo) on the board,
and I never saw him say anything out of the way. I really respected that. ;)