How I hate traffic..........

tonksy

Bungi said:
Why do you yanks and cunucks seem to have a problem with pumping your own petrol, ya whining bitches! :p

"Full Service" doesn't exist down here in Aus, you have to use the water and air pumps all by yourself too.
they still have that? i can pump gas and i don't even drive....

Bungi

Camelyn said:
What's the water pump for?

Wondering if we have water pumps in canada at gas stations...
I honestly don't know, I've never seen it used, but it's there.

Camelyn

Bungi said:
I honestly don't know, I've never seen it used, but it's there.

:lol2:

Australian gas station owner: You for got to add the water pump next to the air pump.
Australian gas station designer: A water pump? Why? What do you use it for?
Australian gas station owner: It's a very important piece of gas station equipment.
Australian gas station designer: OK....but what do your customers use it for?
Australian gas station owner:...
Australian gas station designer: ...
Australian gas station designer: I'll add the water pump.

Professur

Camelyn said:
What's the water pump for?

Wondering if we have water pumps in canada at gas stations...

Yea, we do. It's called a garden hose. Most garages have one, but noone ever uses it, because if you just put straight water in to top off your rad, and forget about having done it .... Well, in six months time, you're gonna be vewwwy sowwy.

chatty kathy

Bungi said:
Why do you yanks and cunucks seem to have a problem with pumping your own petrol, ya whining bitches! :p

"Full Service" doesn't exist down here in Aus, you have to use the water and air pumps all by yourself too.
I dont have a problem with it....kinda grows on ya...can"t get ripped off either...I also have to check fluids in school busses....I check oil, ATF, coolant, power sterring fluid, ww, Its part of my job working in the bus garage after driving....Kinda like it , cept for lifting all the hoods.

Uki Chick

Bungi said:

Most of us don't have a problem with it. But when it's 40 below zero and the risk of frost bite is 30 seconds, it's a pain. Paul and I always pump our own. It's very rare that I go to a full service station.

unclehobart

Do any of the petrol stations have an enclosure of any kind in anticipation of the godawful cold? Some place where it there would be no biting wind and the temp would be a tad better than outside? ... not that there would be any heaters in there... KABOOM! ... or leKABOOM! considering where you are.

I remember The Shells and Huskys across Saskatchewan and Alberta being wide open ... which has to suck when the wind is blowing in the dead of winter.

Uki Chick

unclehobart said:
Do any of the petrol stations have an enclosure of any kind in anticipation of the godawful cold? Some place where it there would be no biting wind and the temp would be a tad better than outside? ... not that there would be any heaters in there... KABOOM! ... or leKABOOM! considering where you are.

I remember The Shells and Huskys across Saskatchewan and Alberta being wide open ... which has to suck when the wind is blowing in the dead of winter.

Unfortunately no. It's all open here as well, so no matter what, you get to freeze while pumping your gas until you can go inside to pay.

unclehobart

At least you get more gas when its cold as the gas is more dense ... but im sure thats ill compensation for your fingers snapping off at the base from exposure.

Uki Chick

unclehobart said:
At least you get more gas when its cold as the gas is more dense ... but im sure thats ill compensation for your fingers snapping off at the base from exposure.

ill compensation is right. you don't really get more gas though. not that i've actually calculated it.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
unclehobart said:

haha you think the gas companies are dumb, the pumps are factored at 20 degrees, they have a littel label telling you so.

so you only get what you pay for, no matter what the temp.

MrBishop

tonks said:
i think paul's av looks like ted danson.

Moire like Ted Danson meets Young Superman...but it's a character from a Horror/comedy series... can't hink up the name of it right now.

This guy has a missing hand (replaced by a chainsaw), an old car and he's stuck in hell. :) Funny as hell!!!

c'mon...someone remind me of the name!

*Back onto topic* - they don't have any wind protection, but they are nice enough to seel you watered down and overpriced coffee in the gas station...that is, if you can feel your fingers enough to actually pull out money from your pockets. :p

The price of gas (slightly off-topic) is getting rediculous around here though...classic gas-station prices go up every payday and every long weekend! :p:crying4:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
MrBishop said:
Moire like Ted Danson meets Young Superman...but it's a character from a Horror/comedy series... can't hink up the name of it right now.

This guy has a missing hand (replaced by a chainsaw), an old car and he's stuck in hell. :) Funny as hell!!!

c'mon...someone remind me of the name!

*Back onto topic* - they don't have any wind protection, but they are nice enough to seel you watered down and overpriced coffee in the gas station...that is, if you can feel your fingers enough to actually pull out money from your pockets. :p

The price of gas (slightly off-topic) is getting rediculous around here though...classic gas-station prices go up every payday and every long weekend! :p:crying4:

Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness

Uki Chick

MrBishop said:

I totally agree with you Bish! I saw it go up on last thursday to 81.9 just to go back down on friday to 74.4

The gas stations enjoy fucking us over.