Hurricane Ivan

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Has been raised to a category 5. The Floriday Keys are being evacuated now. This is just crazy.

unclehobart

I think I would just build a house based upon a 50s bombshelter and tell mother nature to kiss my white crippled ass.

My dad built his retirement home down where Q is. I wonder if much is going to be left after three storm hits in 2 weeks.

MrBishop

I'm wondering how Mare and Sharky are doing....both are in the path, if I remember correctly.

So??? Is everyone OK?

MrBishop

091538W5.gif

Inkara1

I'm waiting for the conspiracy theories to crop up that Bush and his cronies got God to send three hurricanes to Florida to screw up all their voting machines.

MrBishop

It just needs a westernly spin to it and Unc and Tonks will be getting a face full of wet air.

Hope that it downgrades before it hits Fla. !!

HomeLAN

MrBishop said:
It just needs a westernly spin to it and Unc and Tonks will be getting a face full of wet air.

Hope that it downgrades before it hits Fla. !!

:confused: That would require a Northerly spin. Unfortunately, Mare is right in the zone again unless it changes course (which it very well may).

MrBishop

HomeLAN said:
:confused: That would require a Northerly spin. Unfortunately, Mare is right in the zone again unless it changes course (which it very well may).

it's already going to go North...wether it goes more west first would, I think, indicate if it hit Fla west coast (best indicators so far), or miss most of Fla and hit GA instead....

Nasty in either case.

Anyone heard from Mare??

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm rather uninformed when it comes to our island neighbors. I recall Jamaica getting bitchslapped real hard about 10 years ago & having major damage done & they were without power for weeks, even in major areas, but this has to be some kind of badassed motherfucker of a storm when the news says
Hurricane Ivan has already proven its power on the small island nation of Grenada, more than 90 percent of the homes and businesses were damaged ...

NINETY PERCENT??????. Somebody tell me these are 17th century holdouts who live in grass huts. Please.

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
I'm rather uninformed when it comes to our island neighbors. I recall Jamaica getting bitchslapped real hard about 10 years ago & having major damage done & they were without power for weeks, even in major areas, but this has to be some kind of badassed motherfucker of a storm when the news says

NINETY PERCENT??????. Somebody tell me these are 17th century holdouts who live in grass huts. Please.
Hurricane Gilbert hit Jamaica in 1988 and caused major damage.

HeeHee,here's the real link :swing: http://rsd.gsfc.nasa.gov/rsd/images/Gilbert.html

Sharky

MrBishop said:
I'm wondering how Mare and Sharky are doing....both are in the path, if I remember correctly.

So??? Is everyone OK?

I can't speak for Mare, but I'm OK.

Other than the pucker factor, of course. :eek:

Sharky

Inkara1 said:
I'm waiting for the conspiracy theories to crop up that Bush and his cronies got God to send three hurricanes to Florida to screw up all their voting machines.

No worries, mate - Jeb got us new ones already. :lloyd:

Sharky

Gonz said:
Grenada got fucked up real bad

Nope. Ivan leveled concrete block buildings.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In that case, Ivan the Terrible is a demon & we need the Pope to get off his ass & do some exorcising.

MrBishop

Gonz said:
In that case, Ivan the Terrible is a demon & we need the Pope to get off his ass & do some exorcising.

Are ye kiddin' ? The Pope can barely get off his ass to wipe after a run at the toilet :D

I think that it just got reduced to a Cat4 after it finished chewing on Grenada.
capt.xal11209100033.grenada_hurricane_ivan_xal112.jpg

It killed 32 so far and the looting isn't helping any.

Ivan destroyed the island's sole prison, allowing convicts to escape, including the leaders of a coup that led to the 1983 U.S. invasion, the Associated Press reported.