I appear to have been adopted

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
*sigh* You people and your cats. You know how you give a dog a pill? Hide it under a potato chip on the floor and walk out of the room.

Or wrap it in a cheese slice and watch her swallow the whole she-bang whole...I did that about an hour ago :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My dog is such a piglet she doesn't chew cheese so I don't have the problem with her spitting it out.

HomeLAN

Nah. I used to drop 'em down his throat and rub his neck til he swallowed it. The difference is, a dog knows he can't avoid it and will let you do what you have to. A cat will try to flay you.

MrBishop

One of my cats will eat anything as long as there's margarine or butter involved. He eats the stuff raw and will attack any unspoken-for breakfast toast lying abouts...voila, dry toast :p

Take the pill...coat it in margarine...give to Ginger...gone!

Professur

Hey, I was talking to a guy last night who's discovered a use for cats. He's a realtor. When he's visiting a house for the first time, he puts out a bowl of cat food. When the local stray comes by, he grabs it by the tail and carries it inside, where he proceeds to measure the rooms.

Inkara1

Believe it or not, I actually got him to take the pills... because he weighs about 12 pounds I had to give him 1 1/2... the first pill wasn't too bad... the half was harder because he knew the game by then. But I finally got him to do it... now, for what that stuff set me back it had better work.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
What's cheaper, Inky? The old girlfriend, or the cat?

I'd say the cat. He told me what the pills cost and it's only about half what I paid for my dog's heartworm prevention meds this year...

Inkara1

The cat's still cheaper by far. Any idea what that room at Sycamore Mineral Springs on Valentine's Day cost?

Inkara1

So you'd think a cat that will occasionally chase its own tail is kind of a dumb kitty, right? Well, what if I told you the same kitty that chases his own tail sometimes, can also open up a resealable bag of beef jerky?

Professur

All it has to do is jump on it. And if it crinkles at all, the pounce is a normal, instinctive action.
No brains involved.

Inkara1

I would too if I hadn't seen it.

Especially since he clawed a couple of holes in the bag first, meaning pouncing on it wouldn't be able to build up enough pressure.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Inky -

I was reading "a pet adoption site" - (not the SPCA one :p)

and I came across a posting for a kitty by the Toronto Humane Society that said in part: "is a lovely, spayed, nine-year-old cat. The reason for house soiling was originally attributed to stress. However, upon examination, our vets quickly found an enlarged bladder stone that had been causing Clay a great deal of pain and discomfort. It was immediately removed and Clay is now in excellent shape!"

May be something to keep in mind in case your problem comes back.