I appear to have been adopted

tonksy

Barlowe is our nasty black cat. Vicious little bastard at times...but then he can be so sweet. Sunday morning he jumps up on the bed and plasters himself to my side and slept with me for about 2 hours. I was feeling special until Rob said he had been out all night and was probably just after my body heat.

MrBishop

My sister had an insano-cat for a few years. Pure schizophrenic. She had to get rid of her when one day, sis came home...the cat was all purring and hello meowls. My sister reached down to pet said cat... 15 seconds later, she had been bitten 3 times and was bleeding from a dozen scratch marks, one nearly needing stitches.

They had to test the cat for rabies...the only way (FedEx the head to Ottawa for testing). My sis still cried when they put the cat down and insisted that the cat have its favorite play-toy with it when they euthanized it.

MrBishop

Precautions... it wasn't her choice. Happens whenever an animal has to be destroyed because of an attack on a person.

Hydrophobia is usually easy to see in the late stages. It was an indoor cat, but it only takes one bite by a rabid mouse to get rabies.

Inkara1

Uki Chick said:
The C/D is to make sure the infection goes away completely. Will you be feeding him that from now on? What were you feeding him before hand? Certain foods can cause the urine tract infection. That's something that I found out.

I'll probably feed him it from now on, yeah. Before, when he was still living outside, I was feeding him Meow Mix, Alley Cat, various store brands, etc. I don't know what the others in the neighborhood were feeding him.

Now he gets Hill's c/d and Brita-filtered water.

MrBishop

Note to Unc: If Tonks suddenly starts frothing at the mouth, it's not necessarily because you've been making pizza again.

Mmmmm....Pizza!

Slim Pickens

tonksy said:
Barlowe is our nasty black cat. Vicious little bastard at times...but then he can be so sweet. Sunday morning he jumps up on the bed and plasters himself to my side and slept with me for about 2 hours. I was feeling special until Rob said he had been out all night and was probably just after my body heat.

Bustifer "Jonesy" Jones, anyone?

unclehobart

MrBishop said:
Note to Unc: If Tonks suddenly starts frothing at the mouth, it's not necessarily because you've been making pizza again.

Mmmmm....Pizza!
My formulae has become 5 times better.

tonksy

Slim Pickens said:
Bustifer "Jonesy" Jones, anyone?
That was one crazy damn cat. Only like me if I was in bed and under the blankets. That's it.
Where's the gratitude? I went up against Slims mother to bring that damn starving kitten into the house and hand feed the little bastard and that's how he repays me.

Uki Chick

Inkara1 said:
I'll probably feed him it from now on, yeah. Before, when he was still living outside, I was feeding him Meow Mix, Alley Cat, various store brands, etc. I don't know what the others in the neighborhood were feeding him.

Now he gets Hill's c/d and Brita-filtered water.

Those types of food you were feeding him were definitely not good brands. I used to feed the cats Cat Chow, until I found out that the cheap brands cause calcium build up in the tract etc. I've been using Iams since and it's been great. They love it and it's cheaper than the c/d at the vets.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
That was one crazy damn cat. Only like me if I was in bed and under the blankets. That's it.
Where's the gratitude? I went up against Slims mother to bring that damn starving kitten into the house and hand feed the little bastard and that's how he repays me.
thats' how mine treats me too. Except I'm trash unless I'm feeding him. The traitor even likes Paul better'n me. Proof in the pudding is the big gash on my hand I was given for sitting too close to Paul on the couch.

*sigh*

Professur

Leslie said:
thats' how mine treats me too. Except I'm trash unless I'm feeding him. The traitor even likes Paul better'n me. Proof in the pudding is the big gash on my hand I was given for sitting too close to Paul on the couch.

*sigh*

Y'know, if a dog even growled at a kid, you'd have it at the pound within a day. A cat tears a strip off you, and noone even blinks. Gotta wonder about the intelligence of cat people.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
fuck the cat, kitty ribs is A-OK with me, he follows me around, meows at me, stares at me, licks my nose headbutts me....

i wanna dog

a cat eating dog.

except he is sooo cute

when he isn't having a senile moment and biting me too

Inkara1

So... any ideas onn how to get him to quit peeing on my bed? He does use the box, so I don't think he dislikes the litter... and he knows it's wrong, because all I have to do by this point is glare at him and he'll go hide under the bed... but it gets annoying having to spray the bed down with the anti-urine enzymes so the house won't stink when I get home from work.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
he can still smell it. Your enzymes no workie. Wash the sheets and stuff with bleach, dry at hot temps, then spray em down with Lysol (there's a nice linen smelling one).

You can't restrict his access?

They hate crinkles under their feet, so you could line the bed with tin foil, but that'd suck.

Is it "on" the bed, or on the side of the bed? Is it while you're in it?

BeardofPants

Since when were you so concerned about the feelings of others? What are you a bish now?
*runs, runs like the wiiiind

:D