I kept saying this and the Libs, here, denied it.

2minkey

bootlicker
hey RM - ever hear of the enlightenment?

"Many of the most distinguished leaders of the American revolution--Jefferson, Washington, Franklin, Paine--were powerfully influenced by English and--to a lesser extent--French Enlightenment thought. The God who underwrites the concept of equality in the Declaration of Independence is the same deist God Rousseau worshipped, not that venerated in the traditional churches which still supported and defended monarchies all over Europe. Jefferson and Franklin both spent time in France--a natural ally because it was a traditional enemy of England--absorbing the influence of the French Enlightenment. The language of natural law, of inherent freedoms, of self-determination which seeped so deeply into the American grain was the language of the Enlightenment, though often coated with a light glaze of traditional religion, what has been called our "civil religion.""

of course you won't actually read or internalize any of this.

2minkey

bootlicker
I see that there have been no posts actually addressing my assertions about the use of the phrase "Anno Domini" in the constitution, only attempts to change the subject and post homophobic memes, so I will take that to mean that both Gotholic and ResearchMonkey have realized that I am correct and have conceded their rational arguments against it. Good day to both of you, and I look forward to the next time I have the opportunity to impart a little bit of wisdom into your skewed viewpoints.

seriously, what did you expect? they're more interested in clinging to identity than making a serious effort at understanding what ideas come from where.

spike

It's common commie-goo-boy knowledge, we just call it liberal fantsy.

No its' common knowledge to all rational people.

The United States was founded upon Judeo-Christian values. Only a fuck-wit would believe otherwise.

It's been proven not to be. You sure do a lot of trolling when the facts don't support your argument though. :laugh:

You don't have to be a bible thumping Christian to understand this fact.

You'd have to have something wrong to believe that.

You just have to abide by a moral code that time has proven.

Time has proven much of the bible to be utter nonsense.

Yes, we know why you fight the moral norms.

You really need an umbrella, even on those sunny days.

Oh, you're trolling again. How cute.

What are you trying to say there RM?

ResearchMonkey

What I do know Spike is this: One day, fifty or so years from now. There will be a cross on hill, a national monument to those died, on both sides. Commemorating the war from when your side pushed my side to far.

See, whereas you believe in your ideals enough to whine and bitch to no end. We believe in our values enough to die for them. Your side can't help it, you will bring it on yourselves.

spike

What I do know Spike is this: One day, fifty or so years from now. There will be a cross on hill, a national monument to those died, on both sides. Commemorating the war from when your side pushed my side to far.

See, whereas you believe in your ideals enough to whine and bitch to no end. We believe in our values enough to die for them. Your side can't help it, you will bring it on yourselves.

How about instead of making up this weird assed fantasy shit you trying backing up your argument with some facts or evidence.

For example what evidence do you have that makes you think this is a christian nation?

Try using reason and facts instead of all the made up shit and trolling.

Gotholic

If they say it, then they do not mean it. It would be in vain.

I'm asking you a pretty straight forward question. If right now we passed a bill declaring the US a christian nation what would actually change vs. us passing a bill declaring it not a christian nation.

What real world things do you see actually changing?

Quit avoiding the question.

You keep changing your question. Now that one I will answer. Passing a bill declaring the U.S. is a Christian nation would now be untrue. It would not change a thing except maybe now it will declare the U.S. a nation of hypocrites.

Who cares what France did. Fact is the phrase indicates a date in time. There's no further meaning to be read into it. The obvious intent of the statement was to indicate a date.

France was given as an example. If the phrase merely indicates a date then why have the non-Christians went off and created the B.C.E (Before Comman Era) and C.E. (Common Era) to replace that phrase?

spike

If they say it, then they do not mean it. It would be in vain.

They say it because it's a common phrase. Like the date thing.

You keep changing your question. Now that one I will answer. Passing a bill declaring the U.S. is a Christian nation would now be untrue. It would not change a thing except maybe now it will declare the U.S. a nation of hypocrites.

And declaring us not a christian nation would change what?

France was given as an example. If the phrase merely indicates a date then why have the non-Christians went off and created the B.C.E (Before Comman Era) and C.E. (Common Era) to replace that phrase?

They felt like it.

2minkey

bootlicker

oh, RM, you're my hero. so valiant.

now, get on that couch and watch red dawn one more time!!!

wolverines.jpg

valkyrie

If this statement is true, then why are you still alive?

"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." ~George Patton
;)

ResearchMonkey

Because conservatives aren't reactionary stupid. We believe we can still rake the nation back using the processes allowed for in the Constitution of the United States. Patience my dear.

2minkey

bootlicker
nice to see you finally having the courage to use the racial slurs that have been wanting to burst out of you for so long.

ResearchMonkey

and, again, that is the expected level of response. you do any reading about the enlightenment yet? nope? thought not...
Yes minx, clearly you are an enlightened individual, wise and above all others. To me your brand of enlightenment is goobly-gook where someone finds ways to justify their own whacked belief system in aims of being hip.

1280423144343.jpg

Frankly, some of the most insane people I've ever known have been the over-educated who have been over-enlightened.

I think I'll stick with the real world in which I live, but thanx anyway buddy.