I sent a PM to tonksy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResearchMonkey

For intelligent people, insults are always unnecessary. People resort to insults when they've got no useful argument ... but can't stand letting the other guy have the last word. The problem is exasperated where politics is concerned, since silence in that arena is deemed acceptance. As a rule, I restrain my insults to nose tweaks and hidden slights. Calling someone a fucking looser achieves nothing save to end any hope of the other guy caring about what you have to say.
Emotion is part of the human condition, vocalizing feeling and thought is perfectly acceptable in communication for a human being.

Its true sometime people use insults as a replacement for a point, but is also true that sometimes insults are the exact thought someone would like to convey to another person. A nose tweak is no different, it serves the human condition.

I'm not say decorum doesn't have value, but even when proper decorum is followed there is offense placed into the discussion.

We are not computers nor Vulcans, we are human beings. Remove 100% of the human condition from the discussion and suddenly it becomes as lively as a volume of IRS regulations.

Another reason to stop complaining is because nobody does anything anyway. What is in an administrator or moderator's job description anyway? I have a cat who has too much energy, perhaps he would be a fine choice to replace A.B.Normal and tonksy?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oh, by the way...at 4am ET, I'm asleep. I work for a living, in the Eastern time zone. I'll get to your complaints when I have time, in my time zone.

Oh, by the way...at 4am ET, I'm asleep. I work for a living, in the Eastern time zone. I'll get to your complaints when I have time, in my time zone.

No I don't expect you to be up, but as long as you acknowledge something is being done....VOILA! I feel better. My psychic powers only work in a 317 mile radius.

BTW 4am EDT is 1AM PDT, and even so, ah the joys of self employment and setting one's own hours! The only real drawback I see is having to hire an accountant for the taxes....

Not that anyone gives a crap, and not that anyone should, but just FYI, a big part of my malfunction of late I think is related to bulging disks in the lumbar spine.

Severe pain has an odd way of bringing me down and making me touchy.

You know what's actually hilarious about this is that RM and I are far more alike than either of us are comfortable with....

Status
Not open for further replies.