Internet Dating...

ClarabellaUK

Founded by a christian fundamentalist. I've never used them (needless to say) but I've heard stories about folks getting matched with multiple highly questionable matches. It's a well known problem among atheists. It may be different in England since they tend to be less serious about their religion in general. Do they even have Eharmony there?

I'm not familiar with it... on the Euro sites there are literally so many religion boxes to choose from and tick...

Like you say I don't think we're as bothered by a "lack" of religion... kinda more of a big melting pot... simmering away!

MrBishop

Most match sites that I've heard of are "Men pay/women join free" type of sites...mostly because there aren't enough women joining boards to counterbalance the number of men joining. :shrug:

I-dating has it's good and bad. You get to know the person's personality before having to deal with the physical attraction thang. If there's no spark, you may very well end up with a friend. With the reverse..they may very well be a spark (physical), but once that's over or dulled down..there's nothing keeping you together other than bedsheets.

Chat-spaces like this and more topic-specific sites seem to give you better odds than match-sites.

tonksy

DeBish said:
Chat-spaces like this and more topic-specific sites seem to give you better odds than match-sites.
That's proven itself time and again on this very site, eh?

A person's personality is the most important thing, No? Perhaps the internet dating specific sites don't work well because people are trying to attract a mate so they are acting in a way they normal don't. Perhaps they feign an interest they don't have or employ other general butt-kissing tacits.
I can't go by looks alone. It appears that at first glance I am physically attracted to assholes.

MrBishop

Putting on masks, or putting on push-up bras - doesn't matter. There's always going to be a certain amount of camouflage going on when you interract with people you don't know - whether you're trying to date, dealing with co-workers or just walking down the street.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah i haven't dated any italian men for a very long time. i've stopped cruising the local high schools, too.

ClarabellaUK

um, and there's a huge part of your problem.

:trout:

i can't imagine dating someone living with mum.

Yeah... well... if you'd like to wire me the average cost of a small one bed appartment in my area... thats about 120,000 british stirling... bout 240,000 dollars... I'll become your dream woman!

Lots of people live with their folks in the UK... we can't aford to do anything else alone! And renting is a mug's game!

If a bloke has a problem with that he obviously has no imagination! Sex is far more entertaining when it has to be done in interesting places!!!!! ;)

2minkey

bootlicker
Yeah... well... if you'd like to wire me the average cost of a small one bed appartment in my area... thats about 120,000 british stirling... bout 240,000 dollars... I'll become your dream woman!

Lots of people live with their folks in the UK... we can't aford to do anything else alone! And renting is a mug's game!

If a bloke has a problem with that he obviously has no imagination! Sex is far more entertaining when it has to be done in interesting places!!!!! ;)

real estate where i live costs MORE than what you're quoting. big deal. cut the apron strings.

trust me, i got plenty of imagination... but ain't nobody's mom gonna be gettin' in my business on a regular basis. having to use polite language and whatnot... fuck that...

tonksy

LOL! I am reading a book narrated by a 10 year old Dublin boy. Half the class got in trouble due to an inability to spell mediterranean. Funny the symmetry.

A.B.Normal

LOL! I am reading a book narrated by a 10 year old Dublin boy. Half the class got in trouble due to an inability to spell mediterranean. Funny the symmetry.

I use a dictionary plug-in for FF,but even though it says its the "Canadian " version it doesn't like me putting a " u " in words like colour and favourite etc.. :silly:

ClarabellaUK

real estate where i live costs MORE than what you're quoting. big deal. cut the apron strings.

trust me, i got plenty of imagination... but ain't nobody's mom gonna be gettin' in my business on a regular basis. having to use polite language and whatnot... fuck that...

You're obviously a true true gentleman and scholar! :rofl:

Damn I just can't karma you bad!!!!! Hate that!