iPhone

kuulani

That makes me feel he has it to be a status symbol..without a computer he can't really use it as a music player (unless he gets the music from someone else)...if he doesn't even have an email, makes me think he doesn't spend much time browsing the net...even if he does use other people's computers...you're basically saying he bought an iphone to use JUST as a phone?!

He probably did buy it JUST as a phone!!
He's pretty lame, technology-wise, so I don't even know if he realizes what he has.

His friend managed to buy two and planned to sell one on e-bay, but seeing the thousands already on there, he asked my brother if he wanted it :shrug:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
What some people don't seem to understand is this...its a phone, not a multimedia device. I have a digital camera...why put one on a phone? If I want an MP3 player, I'll go out and buy one...its a phone. If I want a PDA, I'll pony up the $150 or so to get one. I don't need any of that stuff the iPhone has on a phone. Hell...I have a camera on my phone because there were no phones without cameras available at the time of the contract. Let's be honest...until the iPhone, how many people actually wanted that crap bundled together in a phone?

Gato_Solo

Many. The iPhone has nothing new to offer in fact. Remember Treos?

1. Sorry. I don't buy that. I never wanted all that bundled in one device. Most of the people I know didn't want it either...until the hype.
2. Yes. I remember. I feel the same way about them as I do the iPhone.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
1. Sorry. I don't buy that. I never wanted all that bundled in one device. Most of the people I know didn't want it either...until the hype.

I know many who did. They aren't getting an iphone either, they already got a device that pleases their needs.

Gato_Solo

I personally like having my planner, phone, and music in one handy dandy portable device.

I don't buy anything bundled except for computer software. If I drop my phone, I'm only out a phone. If I drop my iPhone, I'm out a boatload more...not counting replacement cost. Hell...even my stereo is component. The only 'bundle' I have is the receiver...

tonksy

iF i DROP MY PHONE THEN i GET A NEW ONE AND SYNC IT WITH MY COMPUTER AND i'M BACK IN BUSINESS.

Sorry, capslock.

Gato_Solo

iF i DROP MY PHONE THEN i GET A NEW ONE AND SYNC IT WITH MY COMPUTER AND i'M BACK IN BUSINESS.

Sorry, capslock.

Still kinda complicated for a phone, innit? I'll stick with my basic, and servicable, phone thankyouverymuch.

tonksy

I am not the most technical minded person and I handle it well....oddly enough, even bettter than the numbskulls at the Cingular store.
I am not saying it's for everyone but it's my mobile office and entertainment center and well worth it to me.

Gato_Solo

I am not the most technical minded person and I handle it well....oddly enough, even bettter than the numbskulls at the Cingular store.
I am not saying it's for everyone but it's my mobile office and entertainment center and well worth it to me.

I'm no Luddite, either. I just prefer not to put all my eggs in one basket. As long as you're happy with yours, though, more power to ya'. ;)

BlurOfSerenity

i have a tmobile sidekick 3.
it has:
IM (aim, yim, and msn)
email
text messaging
address book
internet
calendar
notepad
to-do list
camera
mp3 player (mini sd card)
many programs that can be bought like calorie counters, sound recorders, and a plethora of games
in addition to being a darn good phone.

i have all my email addresses route to my phone, so i always know when i get an email, and the internet has saved me more than a few times... it's really great when i get lost. i can load up mapquest on it and find my way out of lostness. and it's great when my real internet goes down *grumbles*.
the camera is useful if i'm not carrying my real camera (which i carry 99.9% of the time) and i reallyreallyreally need to take a picture of something. aand... a lot of the features i never really use. i keep a paper notebook and a paper calendar-book thing, and i have an ipod... but i still love my phone. it has way more features, is way cooler, and way cheaper than the iphone. it's also from tmobile, which is way better (in my experience) than at&t, and one of my most favoritest things about it is the keyboard. i lovelovelove the keyboard.