It's 1:30 in the morning

Inkara1

It's 1:30 a.m., and I've got a day-long date with Valerie tomorrow.

So why am I still up? Because my fucking cat decided to piss on the bed again just now. That's right, I don't get to sleep because I have to wash the comforter and the sheets and enzyme down the bed, AGAIN. He's done a very good job of hiding -- I've searched the entire house four times for him -- and that's a good thing for him because if I'd found him he'd be dead, or at least beaten very severely. I don't know what I did to deserve this shit.

Inkara1

Damn... still haven't seen him... now I'm wondering where he could possibly be hiding at. I've checked everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. I know he didn't get outside (I'd have heard the screen door, which is still latched, and there are no tears in the screen). I'm officially stumped.

Inkara1

OK, he just now came out... like, less than two minutes ago. I'd sure like to know where he hid.

Mare

Sorry to hear the cat pissed on your bed! It was prolly watching you the whole time too, LOLOLOL SORRY, cats are funny that way.

Inkara1

I'm glad someone thinks it's funny. It takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours to do the laundry because the comforter is a load by itself. I'm lucky if the bed is dry in that time. That's not good when he does it at 1 in the morning.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
HERE!!!! Kitty, kitty, kitty...Nice Kitty
SKTSBA-m.jpg

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
He either really really loves you, or he wants you to stay the hell off his bed.

Inkara1

So it was about 5 in the morning and I was trying to sleep on the couch, as I'd laid down on it probably an hour or so earlier because the sheets were in the dryer. I awoke to a scratching noise, and I saw Jordan on the corner piecefo the sectional hunched over. I thought he was peeing again, but no... he was doing No. 2. I found where he'd been hiding, and gave him a smack on the head, then carried him off to the litter box, which he promptly ran out of. He's been under the bed ever since. So he's not dead... and yes, red, he's fixed and he got brand new litter last night. I decided to ditch the Fresh Step crystals and go with the Tidy Cats crystals blend... it's a mix of regular litter and crystals, and I did it thinking maybe he's not a fan of the feel of the crystals.

unclehobart

Crystals aren't normal for cats unless raised to it from birth. You need something with an earthy smell... clay.. sand. Self clumping litter rawks.

simplyred

We have the new kitty on the crystal liter too. While he'll use it, he will not cover his poop and the "freshness" is not what I had hoped for. Perhaps I'll take your lead....

It was a nice idea though, a bottle of litter you could just scoop daily and the thing would last all month.....

Inkara1

I was only getting about two weeks out of the crystals anyway. There's only so much it will absorb.

alex

Just get a large bag of mulch from Home Depot. The neighborhood cats seem to like crapping in my flower beds just fine :grumpy:

Aunty Em

I get deoderised cat litter and keep the catloo in the bathroom. When Casper poos in it I use a litter scoop and put it straight down the loo, then have fun with the airfreshener. T'is the only way to have a fresh smelling home I've found. Cat shit is definately one of the things you can smell a long way of.... he mostly pees outside and will wait for me to let him out, so the catloo is really only used once or maybe twice a day, but I usually change it completely every 2 weeks or so and disinfect it.