It's just a tad Ironic, I think.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
See.. I think that's where I am different, then.

I would never, nor will I ever, say to a young person "that's stupid", or "how dumb!" or "you idiot". There's psychobable behind that, but we're digressing from the topic.

What the hell, I'll digress some more :D

I have neices and nephews in that age range (JUST teen - 18). At no point would I say any duragatory comment to them regarding a thought or a feeling that they are expressing. There is a difference between the adult mind and one of a child. They process things differently, they are impressionable.

Now, I know that we can't parent other people's kids, I'm not stupid. We can't censor, nor would we want to.

I'm just saying, be thoughtful. No need to be a selfish son of a bitch and not consider the impact of what you say to whom.

It's called being an adult.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Ardsgaine said:
Well... he started it. :(

Oh my God that is soooooo cute! All I could picture was my 6 yr old, with a hair clip in his hand, scratching a picture into his wall and when I caught him.. he said "well he started it!!" and all I saw was Jar-Jar lying on the floor behind him.

S

s4

I have to disagree with Spirit and agree with (s4 is quivering at the thought) PuterTutor.

People that are young need to be told like it is. If you don't tell them the truth when they are young, then when they grow up they will not know how to deal with life. If you diliberately don't say what you think to a teen or person getting to be that age then you are doing them a disservice because you are basically telling them they are too stupid to know the truth.

Most kids when they reach 13 years old can cuss better than I can. They know every filthy word in the book. They have been raised in the modern world and the 1950's are gone. The best thing you can do is level with them.

Ask Fury how well teens know cuss words. He should know. He cussed more than me when he was 15.:D (no offense Fury)

S

s4

I've been toning it down since I came back. I used to get pretty nasty at times. s4 is trying to be somewhat likeable again.:)

Ardsgaine

Spirit said:
Ardsgaine said:
Well... he started it. :(

Oh my God that is soooooo cute! All I could picture was my 6 yr old, with a hair clip in his hand, scratching a picture into his wall and when I caught him.. he said "well he started it!!" and all I saw was Jar-Jar lying on the floor behind him.

:rofl:

That reminds me of when Anna was about 3. She made a mess in the floor by tearing up a piece of styrofoam. When I asked her about it she blamed it on this little stuffed bunny rabbit she had. I told her, "well, the bunny rabbit can't pick it up, so why don't you pick it up for him." She answered, "no, you pick it up and I'll spank the bunny rabbit."

:) :) :)

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
s4 said:
I have to disagree with Spirit and agree with (s4 is quivering at the thought) PuterTutor.

People that are young need to be told like it is. If you don't tell them the truth when they are young, then when they grow up they will not know how to deal with life. If you diliberately don't say what you think to a teen or person getting to be that age then you are doing them a disservice because you are basically telling them they are too stupid to know the truth.

Most kids when they reach 13 years old can cuss better than I can. They know every filthy word in the book. They have been raised in the modern world and the 1950's are gone. The best thing you can do is level with them.

Ask Fury how well teens know cuss words. He should know. He cussed more than me when he was 15.:D (no offense Fury)

Please note what I *actually* said.

We can't censor, nor would we want to.

and:
I'm just saying, be thoughtful. No need to be a selfish son of a bitch and not consider the impact of what you say to whom.

S

s4

At no point would I say any duragatory comment to them regarding a thought or a feeling that they are expressing.

This is the line that I was commenting on. Teenagers get a lot stupid thoughts as do adults. Sometimes they need to be told it's stupid. Drugs are a good example.

S

s4

Yeah, but some teens are easier to deal with than others. If you don't believe me, ask Q. She can tell ya some things.

freako104

altron sorry if you thought we were insulting you. we joke around on here. s4, everyone knows we dont always get along. and were not far apart in age. the important thing is we need to respect each other. this board except for the real world forum to me is just for fun and laughs.

Altron

PuterTutor said:
INT 10 is average. INT 2 would place you in the idiot range.

I didn't know 10 was average, and to me 10 out of 20 doesn't sound too smart.

Oh s4, can you please remind me what my "stupid idea" was?
I don't really remember making one.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Think about it. On a scale of 1 to 20, the mean intelligence has to be 10. Therefore that is average. It just seems like most people are smarter than that, but in reality, there is a shitload of stupid people living among us.

Altron

10 is average, but who ever said your average person was smart?
There are so many stupid people in the world, many of which are politicians.

Ardsgaine

Altron said:

D&D ability scores range from 3 to 18. That makes 10-11 average. You should also remember the context in which I posted that, though. Originally, I suggested that you would have an Intelligence score of 16, which is pretty darn good. I only changed it to 10 because you said you didn't know what D&D was. It was just a joke, see? Not meant to be taken seriously. Hell, a lot of people would consider lack of knowledge about D&D to be a sign of greater intelligence.

The thing is, we tease each other a lot on the board, Al. (Is it okay if I call you Al?) We don't (usually) mean anything by it. Even when we do, we try to pretend like we don't, because we all want to try to get along here. It's just no fun when people fuss and argue, and the purpose of being here is to have fun. So, when people make jokes about your age, or if you think your intelligence is being called into question, just tease them back (gently) and keep on smiling. If they are trying to get a rise out of you, it'll be much more fun to disappoint them. :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ardsgaine said:
Altron said:

D&D ability scores range from 3 to 18. That makes 10-11 average. You should also remember the context in which I posted that, though. Originally, I suggested that you would have an Intelligence score of 16, which is pretty darn good. I only changed it to 10 because you said you didn't know what D&D was. It was just a joke, see? Not meant to be taken seriously. Hell, a lot of people would consider lack of knowledge about D&D to be a sign of greater intelligence.

The thing is, we tease each other a lot on the board, Al. (Is it okay if I call you Al?) We don't (usually) mean anything by it. Even when we do, we try to pretend like we don't, because we all want to try to get along here. It's just no fun when people fuss and argue, and the purpose of being here is to have fun. So, when people make jokes about your age, or if you think your intelligence is being called into question, just tease them back (gently) and keep on smiling. If they are trying to get a rise out of you, it'll be much more fun to disappoint them. :)

:headbang:

Ardsgaine

Altron said:
Nope, I would feel silly because my name is not Al. You can call me Alt :D

Oh, so you're Alt, then? That's great! Congratulations! I know you must feel a lot better about that... How did your family take it? :p

EDIT: Matey, and Captain Alt are cool too :D

No, I'm afraid I would feel silly doing that... :)