It's Time!

catocom

You didn't bother scrolling did you?

yeah I scrolled, but Clark being the first, immediate made me biased.

anyway...it got defeated...somewhat...this time.

I hope more info will be put out on both sides.
IMO there need be more debate on it. I still do not feel like I, or the general
public has enough credible info from enough people from the region.

I want to support the troops in the best way, but I don't feel the levin/reid
is the best way.
I'm still kinda on the fence about 'withdrawal/redeployment' right now.
I'd like to have more input from several more sources over there, personally.

2minkey

bootlicker
More like opinionated newscasters with little, or no, military background, and even no access to the stories that actually show the positive...

well there's no question that the media is kinda dumb and extends its commentary into areas where it has little or no knowledge. but the media did not plan the iraq war, and the media did not fail to anticipate the level of resources necessary to execute it the right way. moronic reporting is nothing more than symptomatic...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since the Iraq war has increased terrorism it's like you want another 9/11.

All our buildings are still standing & all our planes are in FAA control. Britain has been attacked & has stopped attacks. Only the Spanish are getting hit since siding with the terrorists.

spike

All our buildings are still standing & all our planes are in FAA control. Britain has been attacked & has stopped attacks. Only the Spanish are getting hit since siding with the terrorists.

So we'll just keep increasing terrorism until there's more hits? Good plan.

Winky

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over
and over and expecting different results.”

Winky

get em when they’re ripe
and unsullied, that's what I always used to say
after the kid ran through a half a dozen virgins
I told him to slow the fuc down!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
who cares?

You should. Either side makes a case & the unintended consequences skyrocket. These days, the Republicans seem to have picked up plays from the Democrat handbook. Cut & run-before I face re-election.

spike...the claim that terrorist activities have risen since the War on Terror began doesn't hold much water in the USA. We're still attack free since 9/11/01. Therefore, the plan is a success.

chcr

Too cute for words
You should. Either side makes a case & the unintended consequences skyrocket. These days, the Republicans seem to have picked up plays from the Democrat handbook. Cut & run-before I face re-election.

I guess from your point of view that's different than "do what my constituents want done or lose my job." I know it's an alien concept to most politicians regardless of affiliation, but aren't they supposed to do what the majority of their constituents want done? America, ever heard of it?

Winky

neither of you have actually hit on the reality

"do what is right"

and turning Iraq over to a bunch of terrorists funded and directed by Iran ain't it Bub!

problem is these daze no one seems to know what that is anymore
but some of us do, some of us do...

and old Ahmadinejad better be mindin’ his pees and queues
or he’ll end up a swingin’ from a rope like our good buddy sadam

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I guess from your point of view that's different than "do what my constituents want done or lose my job." I know it's an alien concept to most politicians regardless of affiliation, but aren't they supposed to do what the majority of their constituents want done? America, ever heard of it?

Actually, they're supposed to put the good of the country first, the constituency second, and themselves third.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I've got a frog in my throat?

Of course, that's assuming they know better than their constituents what is "for the good of the country." History seems to say no...

After the originators are gone, the vultures circle and the opportunists swoop in. That is what happens. They, like their constituents, think only of themselves. They keep their constituency "in line" by providing a few crumbs to fall from their table and claim they created a windfall.