JJR out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruz

unclehobart said:
JJR512 said:
Unclehobart, please feel free to delete those files.
Done. 600MB reclaimed on my 17 gig HD .. I needed the room quite frankly.

get off your butt and get some more gig's
a nice 60-100 gig drive will fly compaired to that 17 giger.... unless it scuzzy ( I forgot is it?)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have a 1.2gb system drive and I am running Win XP (needless to say I have no room for anything else on that drive) and I have a 6gb storage drive. That is all...:ashamed:

Professur

More than enough if you ask me. You should never have more on your drives than you can convienently backup. Burn it to cds and if you need it on line 24/7 invest in a nice little cd library. They don't cost much anymore.

Professur

Boone didn't include one? That ratbastich.

Well, they're available dirt cheap these days. If you go to the local future shop or staples and ask at the counter if they have any working returns/open box ones. I get some sweet deals that way. They don't want to have to go to all the hassle of returning a working piece. I offer to go through the pile and confirm that they're actually defective, and I'll but any working ones at 50% ticket. Since there's no way for me to profit from the deal without them making money on it, they go for it every time.

a decent 48X Liteon costed me 45 quid here, my old Plextor 24X cost me 130 quid, burned about say 700 cds and died :rolleyes:, my really old HP 8X cost me about 120 when 8x was NEW and has burned over 2000 cds and is STILL ticking! but i digress, my Sony DVD multiformat burner rocks :headbang:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
*thinks Prof should just do that and mail the bill and burner to me and I will mail him a cheque*

:D

AlladinSane

Kruz said:
a nice 60-100 gig drive will fly compaired to that 17 giger....
To my knowledge a smaller HD tends to be faster than a bigger one. Am I wrong? :confuse3:
Professur said:
Well, they're available dirt cheap these days.
Over here it costs half of my income :(
ash r said:
and is nazi-ish with the cheese .
*starves*
According with JJR512 AUP all of the cheese there belongs to fury aswell ;)

AlladinSane said:
Kruz said:
a nice 60-100 gig drive will fly compaired to that 17 giger....
To my knowledge a smaller HD tends to be faster than a bigger one. Am I wrong? :confuse3:

Depends, larger hdds have higher platter density, thus less movement for the heads and less seek time. Maybe you're referring to back in the days when the 'bigger' hdds tended to be slower in rpm ( usually 5400) and faster ones 7200. I can gurantee that modern hdds of even 5400rpm today would more than likely outperform smaller faster rpm hdds of say 2 or 3 years ago due to the higher platter density and more modern drive mechanics.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
On a completely unrelated note from this thread, JJR, hang around for a bit, I think you'll like it here :beerbang:

unclehobart

Kruz, it is indeed a scuzzi. I should get a bigger drive... or just raid card a few smaller drives in so I can do flip flop backups in a more mid range level of memory like 30-50 gig per. I have a bad track record with HD failures when I early adopt regardless of the manufaturer. I would just assume be out 1/3 the cash on a mediocre drive rather than big bucks on a battleship sized one.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I get along fine with just 17 GB. Just delete old, unused files and finished games from time to time. :grumpy: Sloppy kids... :grumpy: ;)

Kruz

all the new and improved computer stuff, when it first first came out, we thought .... I don't need that, I'm getting along fine without it.. who needs to pay all that money for that?
But of corse we do... and now wonder who we ever got along without it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.