Just curious

Do you use racial, ethnic or other "slurs" in your speech?

• Yes, and I really don't care what you think about it.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes, but much less often that I used to.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes, but rarely and only in the presence of people I know well and trust.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • No, but I used to.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I never have done that.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No, and I'll slap the snot out of anyone who does so in my presence.

• Shut up and fetch me a beer already.

• Total voters

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Naw.. you'd say "She's of Japanese heritage" and then go on to expain the beautiful extrior that initially attracted you to her.

Unless of course you go for anything with 2 arms, 2 legs... etc....? :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I'd actually say something like "she's japanesse, gringa, canadian, french, ... " or whatever citizenship she holds.

Then move to tits and butt dimensions :lol:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
two arms, two legs, hands at the end of the arms, five fingers on each, two eyes, one mouth, long hair, that kinda stuff.

that is what is wrong with the youth of today, too picky, when i was his age, the pre-requisits where:

Heartbeat

as you get older, you can get pickier.

work your way up to biped

when your my age, that is when you can pick goddess.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'd actually say something like "she's japanesse, gringa, canadian, french, ... " or whatever citizenship she holds.

Then move to tits and butt dimensions :lol:

But the question is about people of American citizenship but their ethnicity isn't caucasion.

See, that's where I think the issue comes in...people can be "Asian" and "American" at the same time because Asian is an ethnicity and American is a citizenship. Saying "Asian-American" I think is silly cause that seems to imply in my head their level of Americanism is different than all other American citizens...I don't see any issue in using someone's ethnic background when describing them. But, if the question is about residence, citizenship, etc then it should just be "American". I think the mindset that causes people to say things like "African American" is the word "American" being associated with "Caucasion" by many people around the world...once that's dealt with the whole issue will be easier to sort out.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
that is what is wrong with the youth of today, too picky, when i was his age, the pre-requisits where:

Heartbeat

as you get older, you can get pickier.

work your way up to biped

when your my age, that is when you can pick goddess.

awwwww you're so sweet you give me a toothache

*wanders off muttering about Les being so lucky and where the hell is the guy who thinks I'm a goddess*

Professur

awwwww you're so sweet you give me a toothache

*wanders off muttering about Les being so lucky and where the hell is the guy who thinks I'm a goddess*

He got married, has three kids, and is near old enough to be your father.

Professur

Naw.. you'd say "She's of Japanese heritage" and then go on to expain the beautiful extrior that initially attracted you to her.

Unless of course you go for anything with 2 arms, 2 legs... etc....? :D

i suppose describing her as a No.7, with extra Kung Pow on the side would be racist, eh?

Professur

Kung Pao is Chinese not Japanese, so I'm sure it would be an awkward remark.

Y'know ... I thought that too as I was hitting "post" but I've never eaten Japanese restaurant food (too damn much fish) so I'd no idea how to make the comment for them. (and yeah, I did actually refer to a chinese girl like that. Given my reputation, everyone got the joke. Although I did have to endure a virtual buffet of chinese food jokes ranging from feeding her my egg roll, to a discussion on the size of my Won ton.) But then, all the oriental girls I "went with" had either British or Canadian accents.

Inkara1

With the age he would have been 22 years ago, I'm kind of glad he didn't have a kid 22 years ago. :p