just wondering

B

Bubba

LOL. Chicken. :D

I don't have to tell who I like and don't because I lubb everybody. :)

B

Bubba

I've never considered you either a friend or an enemy Unc. I do enjoy reading your posts most of the time and have never considered putting you on my ignore list even if there was a way to do it.

I guess you could say s4 made some enemies. That doesn't really matter anymore. These days I chill out on the boards.

greenfreak

Geez, why do you have to make this about you? Unc didn't even mention names and it's no one's business but his. (and fury's of course. ;) )

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I, too, find unc's posts to be both insightful and humorous most times. I on the other hand, can be quite annoying from time to time. Hopefully my sense of humor in some forums offsets my *ahem* insanity in others...

B

Bubba

greenfreak said:
Geez, why do you have to make this about you? Unc didn't even mention names and it's no one's business but his. (and fury's of course. ;) )

I was just havin' some fun. Since I came back from being banned, I haven't been nearly as opinionated or involved as before. These days I just give 'em a :) and go on to other things. Actually, Unc's idea about having an ignore button is a pretty good idea. It could help people. I am not adding anyone to my ignore list if it gets added.

unclehobart

It has been three days since I have made this request and have yet to hear a peep out of admin even though I have seen all 3 of them on the boards.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't think there is a mod for phpBB. This is the turf of the flurffmeister, so he'd be the one to ask. I thought I was already ignored most of the time so there was no point is answering :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't replied yet because I haven't come up with an answer.

Here's why. If I do find and install an ignore feature, it will make people pissed off knowing that it's possible their posts, which may or may not consist of life and death-related information such as Huge's infamous "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" threads or Gonzo's ever-popular world event threads, aren't getting seen by everyone. After these people become pissed off, they organize a mass exodus and leave, and OTC is left to wither and die.

If I do not find and install an ignore feature, it will make people pissed off knowing that they'll keep having to read posts they don't want to read but can't help but reading and then bitching about. E.g. my incessant rambling about how to fix certain problems that occur on the board, even though it falls on deaf ears. Because they are not given the feature to not display posts from people they do not want to listen to, they get pissed off, organize a mass exodus and leave, and OTC is left to wither and die.

If I do not give an answer as to whether I will find and install an ignore feature, it will make people pissed off thinking I am ignoring them and that I do not want to listen to suggestions from the people. Seeing how similar that situation is to a certain other site that has green in it will cause people to get pissed off, organize a mass exodus and leave, and OTC is left to wither and die.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't, and damned if I don't say.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
are you saying what I find interesting & possibly life or world shattering is falling on deaf ears? Well shit :pout:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Only those ears attached to those who don't find interest in thought-provoking posts, Gonz. You know very well there are those of us who appreciate the thrill of an intelligent discussion, who appreciate the amount of time you take from your day to be able to provide us with topics for discussion.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
well, thank you kind sir. That helps...and since I don't want to write it twice, how's this

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, I may be wrong, god knows I have been before, but... I really don't think it's going to piss people off to have an ignore feature. The ones that are going to be ignored are too arogant to even think that they may be the ones being ignored. Again, just my humble opinion.

Perhaps it's time for a vote? And I would say that even if you get more yes than no, if you get say 1/3 of the votes no, you still shouldn't do it.