Kids

Professur

simplyred said:
You don't have to have the cysts. A woman with PCOS is constantly producing the hormone that tells the body to ovulate. For serious cases, premature eggs are constantly released. These eggs can be fertilized but are not viable to sustain life much past conception. For women with cysts this adds to the trouble.

If it's not prying, how does that affect your periods? Slow them down, speed them up, or jsut knock them totally random?

simplyred

Professur said:
If it's not prying, how does that affect your periods? Slow them down, speed them up, or jsut knock them totally random?

It's different depending on what is going on...in early adulthood it would make them terrible...now has stopped them all together without meds. But when I wanted to have a baby there was a medicine I took to make a period start, then block the ovulation hormone all together until my body was ready to produce a GOOD egg. Then took fertility pills to encourage the good egg.

Starya

simplyred said:
You don't have to have the cysts.
Yes, I know.

A woman with PCOS is constantly producing the hormone that tells the body to ovulate.
Well, a common problem with pcos is that one does not ovulate at all. With the LH-levels being high to begin with the ovaries don't get the surge telling them "Drop it!" :p (I was so imaging an old style gun man there..) As for me, last thing I heard was that the shop was closed.

But look at us getting all technical. Maybe we should be nice to the boys.. *snickers*

Starya

Professur said:
Oooh, totally random is fun, fun, fun.. :lloyd:

simplyred

Starya said:
Yes, I know.

Well, a common problem with pcos is that one does not ovulate at all. With the LH-levels being high to begin with the ovaries don't get the surge telling them "Drop it!" :p (I was so imaging an old style gun man there..) As for me, last thing I heard was that the shop was closed.

But look at us getting all technical. Maybe we should be nice to the boys.. *snickers*

See, I was told it was the LH levels that say GO GO GO, so either the body gets confused and says NO NO NO or does what it's told and nothing is viable.

Professur

I'll bet neither of you thought you'd find this a common ground for conversation when you woke up this morning, did you?

This is what I love about this place.

Starya

Yeah, they say "Go", but are supposed to be released at a certain moment making it "GO! NOW! RUN!!", instead they are always fairly high making it "Go on.. yeah you.. oh come on, just.. hellooo..." And ... Nada. No reaction.

simplyred

Professur said:
I'll bet neither of you thought you'd find this a common ground for conversation when you woke up this morning, did you?

This is what I love about this place.

NO LIE, After fighting a whinning three year old to PLEASE get dressed this morning, fighting gridlock traffic, and fighting with my boss, the last thing I thought I'd do when I took the rest of the day off was discuss my ovaries!

Aunty Em

Starya said:
Oooh, totally random is fun, fun, fun.. :lloyd:
Boy I'm so glad I'm menopausal... no more messy periods and I haven't had a homicidal mood swing in ages. It seems I've been through most of the menopause in the last couple of years without even noticing. I guess it was kind of unimportant in comparison to other events. Just the occassional hot flush recently. But then I do eat a lot of soya since I'm allergic to cows milk and I've been taking starflower oil caps for the GLA for some time. I'm one of the small percentage of women who react badly to Evening Primrose Oil. It sends me loopy.

I'm so glad womens medicine has moved on, when I first went to see my doctor about my violent mood swings and heavy periods back in my early 20s I was told that's what you got for being female and I'd just have to put up with... Dare say that to a woman these days... :lol:

tonksy

Aunty Em said:
Boy I'm so glad I'm menopausal... no more messy periods and I haven't had a homicidal mood swing in ages. It seems I've been through most of the menopause in the last couple of years without even noticing. I guess it was kind of unimportant in comparison to other events. Just the occassional hot flush recently. But then I do eat a lot of soya since I'm allergic to cows milk and I've been taking starflower oil caps for the GLA for some time. I'm one of the small percentage of women who react badly to Evening Primrose Oil. It sends me loopy.

I'm so glad womens medicine has moved on, when I first went to see my doctor about my violent mood swings and heavy periods back in my early 20s I was told that's what you got for being female and I'd just have to put up with... Dare say that to a woman these days... :lol:
Well, I'm perimenopausal. Which is the worst of both worlds. Hormone fluctuations, irratic periods that come and go as they please, teenage skin, weight fluctuations.....I take all the supplements for menopausal women and they seem to help but I don't know what to do about the crazy periods.

Aunty Em

I suppose I must have been having erratic periods for a while before, but I was having contraceptive injections - just progestagen, not combined because I can't take oestrogen - and they stopped my periods as they do in 30% of cases. So when I stopped having the jabs and my periods didn't return to the way they were before I just thought it was a hangover from the jabs. It never occured to me that I might be menopausal because my mother was still having her's up until her hysterectomy at 55 and my sister had also not gone through hers when she died at 48. But I'm told 45 - 50 is a normal age for it.

tonksy

That's the thing. I was fine until my doctor said I couldn't have depo anymore. So I decided to get my tubes tied...hence the isolated ovaries and all my current problems.

simplyred

Aunty Em said:

Heck yeah, now we have uppers and mood stabilizers, and boyfriends with flowers....and margarittas and cosmopolitans and chocolate and bubble bath and babysitters and......

Professur

Nixy said:
How many do you have? How old are they? Boys or girls? How old were you when you had your first? How many did you want to have? Why did you have more/less than planned (if you did)?

I have no kids, I would like to have 2 or 3...probably 2 if I don't have any twins and 3 if I do...so, probably 2 pregnancies, I will probably get started when I'm about 30 if I'm married and settled by then.

'JACKED

Aunty Em

Personally I don't know why so many women seem to be so upset about it. It's the best thing that ever happened to me... I'm no longer held captive by the tyranny of my menstral cycle or the possibility of accidental pregnancies.

FREEDOM!!!

The reason I fell for Katie was because I didn't realise I could. I was on antibiotics which I knew could affect you if you were taking oral contraceptives, but no-one told me it was possible if you were on the injections. I thought it was because it affected the absorption of the pill through the gut... obviously I was wrong.

Professur

Um, you wanna rephrase that. Right now, it reads that after dating two boys, you switched to dating girls.