Making Love

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Well there goes the entertainment for the BBQ ....

Y'all better start finding me Civil Engineering job postings in any Canadian province except Quebec if i'm gonna have money to go to the BBQ!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
What's wrong with K-bec? We've got great roads in great need of repair.

Don't wanna do roads #1...#2..you guys have to many crazy ass laws that I don't wanna live under.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
AlphaTroll said:
Laws are made to be defied ;)

Except when it's a law about not being allowed to legally take your husband's name...kinda hard to "defy" that :(

Uki Chick

You can take your husbands name if you choose to. The only thing is that you have to go to court to have it changed legally. Anyway, with divorce rates nowadays, it's better that way in a sense, because then you have to go to court to change it back to your maiden name, blah, blah, blah......And K-Bec really ain't that bad.

Professur

Uki Chick said:
You can take your husbands name if you choose to. The only thing is that you have to go to court to have it changed legally. Anyway, with divorce rates nowadays, it's better that way in a sense, because then you have to go to court to change it back to your maiden name, blah, blah, blah......And K-Bec really ain't that bad.

Sorry. Not considered a valid reason for changing your name. Request refused.

I tried.

Uki Chick

Professur said:
Sorry. Not considered a valid reason for changing your name. Request refused.

I tried.

you obviously have to have a valid reason to change your name, not just because you're married.

Professur

Have you looked at what reasons they accept as valid? Pretty much you have to be hiding from a criminal organisation, or have a name that qualifies as 'offensive'.

Uki Chick

Changing a surname or given name is a move with significant consequences since you are, in a way, adopting a new identity.

Here are some examples of SERIOUS REASONS for changing your surname or given name:

you bear a name different from the name on your act of birth
your name is too hard to pronounce or write (foreigh name, complicated spelling).
Here are some other serious reasons:

your name lends itself to ridicule or is associated with infamy
you want your child to have a surname other than that entered on his/her act of birth.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Uki Chick said:
Changing a surname or given name is a move with significant consequences since you are, in a way, adopting a new identity.

Here are some examples of SERIOUS REASONS for changing your surname or given name:

you bear a name different from the name on your act of birth
your name is too hard to pronounce or write (foreigh name, complicated spelling).
Here are some other serious reasons:

your name lends itself to ridicule or is associated with infamy
you want your child to have a surname other than that entered on his/her act of birth.

Yup, ain't nothing wrong with my current name but I would like to take my husband's name when I marry...so I lived in Quebec I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Besides, I only PLAN to marry once. I know that shit happens but I am not gonna PLAN for the downfall of my marriage (whenever I should happen to get married...).