MARRY ME!

IDLEchild

a13antichrist said:
Toblerone is Swiss, Buttmunch.

I know but i don't know any Belgian brands...needed something exotic yet down to earth at the moment for the comedic effort.

AlladinSane

tonks said:
yeah, that and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee...maybe i'm bitter, but i've been told i love you many times and i think that people toss the word around like a hot potato. i guess i want to know that i am loved not hear about it. and again i am not talking materialistic, i don't want stuff...(okay, i do, but you know what i mean) i just want to know that feeling are true.
Good for you! I never heard it...

Professur

Hrump. I proposed on one knee, in the parking lot of dunkin doughnuts. I guess I'm not the romantic type.

Rose

I bought my own ring after it was decided we were getting married. Mom was coming to town for a "wedding shower" that HIS mom wanted to have, so I had to get a ring quick before she got here.

unclehobart

Rose said:
I bought my own ring after it was decided we were getting married. Mom was coming to town for a "wedding shower" that HIS mom wanted to have, so I had to get a ring quick before she got here.
Why would his moms presence require that you hurry up and get a ring. Its your moment... not hers.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Some moms are pushy in certain aspects and you'd just rather avoid the whole scene..

My mom is like that with booze...for as long as possible she will think I do not drink cause it's easier than listening to the lecture...

I guess Rose's mom feels a man MUST give a woman a ring and buying a ring was easier than having to convince her mom to like him anyway.

unclehobart

hmm... I can accept that. Its just seems like such an alien concept to me because my own mother is such a bubbly, wonderful, and laid back woman.

HomeLAN

Professur said:
Hell, we bought the ring together nearly a year before. dont' ask, you don't wanna know.

You don't actually expect me to let you leave it at that, do ya? :D

So, Prof, why?

Rose

unclehobart said:
Why would his moms presence require that you hurry up and get a ring. Its your moment... not hers.

Because he felt bad for not having gotten it already. She visited in early April, the wedding was late May. We had to get the ring anyway, it's just that her visit was what finally got him to do it.

Sometimes he's a little slow. :rolleyes: