miss california appears even dumber than first believed

Professur

Yes, it does. Oddly enough, in the past, you had to have that before you got the college degree. That was before the colleges realized that they'd make more money letting in the unwashed masses, watering down degrees, offering degrees in nonsense.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Exactly. Why is there so much whining about it when people want to be diverse? Why are so many self-professed Americans against everything America is supposed to have stood for? The intent of the founders is quite clear. Those who try to twist that through whatever verbal gymnastics to fit their own neuroses and prejudices are just plain wrong.

Why has it taken 250 years & an adverse political movement to change what has been practiced & defined for our entire history.

Homosexual marriage is not about equal rights. It is a political statement.

the Orange County, Calif., resident

Bet if he moved to Bakersfield he could do better. He's living on one of the costiest counties in SoCal.

If it's not working, change it.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Why has it taken 250 years & an adverse political movement to change what has been practiced & defined for our entire history.

Homosexual marriage is not about equal rights. It is a political statement.

Actually, gay marriage infringes on your rights not at all, so your opposition of it is a political statement.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Things were going along fine until someone decided to change the rules.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
(please note, neither me, nor gonz has called each other name, or made fun of any spelling or grammatical errors)

catocom

they said the same thing about segregation.

and they were right.
We are headed back that way because of the gov causing diversity, rather
than pulling us together, they are forcing us farther apart by trying to Force people of different persuasion to get together.

Obama wants to talk about the 'animal spirits', but he doesn't seem to understand
that most people are kind like a spirited dog, you push them, and the will push back,
and pull them, and they will pull back.
So to 'lead' them, you have to have their trust.

Will he do the things that make the 'majority' of people trust him?
He seems to be trying, succeeding in some areas, but opposite others.
Will he do good enough to get enough...power, to pull off his agenda?

It's up to us. He need not forget that.

2minkey

bootlicker
Yes, it does. Oddly enough, in the past, you had to have that before you got the college degree. That was before the colleges realized that they'd make more money letting in the unwashed masses, watering down degrees, offering degrees in nonsense.

what's your degree in?

Professur

Which one, minkey, I`ve got two. One in computer programming and the other in management. Neither of which has any direct bearing on my persent employment.

valkyrie

and they were right.
We are headed back that way because of the gov causing diversity, rather
than pulling us together, they are forcing us farther apart by trying to Force people of different persuasion to get together.
Not sure how you mean, but people only mingle when they get to know each other on a personal level.

Obama wants to talk about the 'animal spirits', but he doesn't seem to understand
that most people are kind like a spirited dog, you push them, and the will push back,
and pull them, and they will pull back.
So to 'lead' them, you have to have their trust.
'animal spirits'? 0_o

I would not classify the American people as "spirited dogs". The people who formed this country and created The Constitution knew that Americans were a different breed of people. They could not be forced into being ruled, they had to be persuaded into being ruled. They had to see the benefit for themselves.

Will he do the things that make the 'majority' of people trust him?
He seems to be trying, succeeding in some areas, but opposite others.
Will he do good enough to get enough...power, to pull off his agenda?

It's up to us. He need not forget that.
Time will tell, just as with all leaders. I do think Barak Obama is well read in his history and is trying to prevent making the mistakes of others.

catocom

Not sure how you mean, but people only mingle when they get to know each other on a personal level.

'animal spirits'? 0_o
It's a book he referred to...look it up.

I would not classify the American people as "spirited dogs". The people who formed this country and created The Constitution knew that Americans were a different breed of people. They could not be forced into being ruled, they had to be persuaded into being ruled. They had to see the benefit for themselves.
I didn't classify, but my wording was off. I was supposed to read "kind of like".
that second part is what I said just reworded basically. Except for the different breed part. Human nature is human nature.

Time will tell, just as with all leaders. I do think Barak Obama is well read in his history and is trying to prevent making the mistakes of others.
Who's version of history though?

valkyrie

It's a book he referred to...look it up.

I didn't classify, but my wording was off. I was supposed to read "kind of like".
that second part is what I said just reworded basically. Except for the different breed part. Human nature is human nature.
Ah... then we are on the same page.

Who's version of history though?
"History is written by the victors." ~Winston Churchill
... or not. ;)

Cerise

Palin Blasts 'Liberal Attacks' on Miss California

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin calls the feeding frenzy surrounding Miss California Carrie Prejean “despicable” and says she can relate to her as a "liberal target."

"The liberal onslaught of malicious attacks against Carrie Prejean for expressing her opinion is despicable," Palin said in a statement released to the media Wednesday.

Prejean has since been a target of the liberal media for declaring to contest judge and gay blogger Perez Hilton her opposition to same-sex marriage.

"What I find so remarkable is that these politically-motivated attacks fail to show that what Carrie and I believe is also what President Obama and Secretary Clinton believe –– that marriage is between a man and a woman," Palin says.

"Our Constitution protects us all –– not just those who agree with the far left," she adds.

The former vice presidential candidate and one-time Miss Alaska beauty pageant contestant herself says she personally spoke to Prejean "soon after the attacks started" and respects Prejean “for standing strong and staying true to her herself,” the Washington Post reports.

palinprejean.jpg

What is it that lefties hate about clean, articulate, educated, and beautiful conservative women?

Cerise

Miss California on Cable News: Fox & Friends Gives Carrie Prejean Her Chance

Miss California and Miss USA runner-up, Carrie Prejean, tossed around in the battle over gay marriage, will be a one-day guest host for Fox News Channel's popular morning show Fox & Friends, Whispers learns. She will host the 6 a.m.-to-7 a.m. slot on May 27, filling in for Gretchen Carlson—the 1989 Miss America—who will be off that day.

The decision to make her a one-day cohost was finalized yesterday—the same day Prejean and Miss USA owner Donald Trump appeared on Fox & Friends.