miss california appears even dumber than first believed

valkyrie

but sometimes later 'interpreted'
True that!

Besides, I don't think anyone really learns about history unless you spend some time reading about it outside of class. History classes are for names and dates. You get the true feel of the times by reading on your own.

For example, I've read 3 books on the Chinese Cultural Revolution alone. One from the perspective of a student who was not a member of the Red Guards. One from the perspective of a student who was a member of the Red Guards. And one from a neutral outsider. Each one added something to the general knowledge I was seeking to understand what happened.

Even if your interest is not history but perhaps science (say, Physics, like mine), understanding the events, society and politics of the time of a discovery really helps one to understand why that discovery was so significant.

jimpeel

Time will tell, just as with all leaders. I do think Barak Obama is well read in his history and is trying to prevent making the mistakes of others.

Then why is he attempting to resurrect Keynesian economics which has been, and always will be, a loser? You cannot spend your way out of a recession by printing money against nothing tangible. All you can do is cause runaway inflation. Hopefully, we don't find ourselves in the same position as Wiemar Germany.

jimpeel

Call this "Carrie's Revenge".

SOURCE

Shanna Moakler Resigns From Post as Miss California Pageant Director

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just one day after learning that Carrie Prejean will keep her Miss California crown, state pageant director Shanna Moakler resigned.

According to a report in Us magazine, the co-pageant director and former Miss USA said it was “in her best interest to resign.”

"I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth," she said. "I want to be a role model for young [women] with high hopes of pageantry, but now feel it more important to be a role model for my children. I am sorry and hope I have not let any young supporters down but wish them the best of luck in fulfilling their dreams."

Prejean was named first runner-up at the April 19 pageant, during which she cause a firestorm by responding to a judge's question by saying she favored limiting marriage to a man and a woman.

Shortly afterward, Moakler and her co-director Keith Lewis criticized the beauty queen for appearing in advertisements for groups opposed to same-sex marriage and for failing to reveal that she had posed in racy photos.

Lewis slammed Prejean Monday, saying her actions caused the Miss California title to be “hijacked,” preventing them from doing the necessary “work at hand.”

Moakler and Lewis appointed Prejean’s runner up in the state pageant to be a “Beauty of California Ambassador” to fulfill any duties that Prejean could not.

But at a press conference Tuesday, Donald Trump, the owner of the Miss Universe pageant and the man who ultimately allowed Prejean to keep her crown, said that after hours of meeting in his office, Prejean, Moakler and Lewis were getting along “very well.”

Moakler has appeared in her own ad supporting gay rights, shooting a print ad on April 28 that slammed Proposition 8, the initiative that banned gay marriage in California.

catocom

True that!

Besides, I don't think anyone really learns about history unless you spend some time reading about it outside of class. History classes are for names and dates. You get the true feel of the times by reading on your own.

For example, I've read 3 books on the Chinese Cultural Revolution alone. One from the perspective of a student who was not a member of the Red Guards. One from the perspective of a student who was a member of the Red Guards. And one from a neutral outsider. Each one added something to the general knowledge I was seeking to understand what happened.

Even if your interest is not history but perhaps science (say, Physics, like mine), understanding the events, society and politics of the time of a discovery really helps one to understand why that discovery was so significant.

hear hear:beerbang:

2minkey

bootlicker
Then why is he attempting to resurrect Keynesian economics which has been, and always will be, a loser? You cannot spend your way out of a recession by printing money against nothing tangible. All you can do is cause runaway inflation. Hopefully, we don't find ourselves in the same position as Wiemar Germany.

yeah, government spending has never gotten stimulated the economy before.

:dizzy:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Quadrulping the federal spending, literally overnight, is not stimulus.

....clean, articulate, educated, and beautiful conservative women?

anncoulter1.jpg

Beautiful? Perhaps when professional makeup artists paint her on TV, but this bitch has some miles on her! Add that to the fact she is a blithering idiot, and I find it hard to see what anyone sees in her!

Oh yeah, one more thing....

KILL BABIES!!!

:flame:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Again, that wasn't stimulus...it was war.

The Weimar Republic roughly quadrupled it's cash in circulation.

The Obama administration has tripled our cash in circulation...in a shorter time frame.

If I understand correctly, as we sit now, if we were to tax 100% of income for 5 years, we'd still be in the hole.

Obama & Bush, hell the entire Ivy League crowd, seems to want a new monetary system.

Theodore Roosevelt
Woodrow Wilson
Franklin D. Roosevelt
George H. W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Barack Obama

all attended Ivy League schools. Notice a pattern to our economic upheavel?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
hey jackass, why is it when liberals talk, it's about the person instead of the idea?

Cerise

Psychotherapy for liberals

Talking with liberals is frustrating, because you can't just talk about facts. That will only get them all upset, and all they will get out of the experience is never to listen to people like you. Most liberals live in their heads, or in little fluffy white clouds floating right above their scalps and resist efforts to engage them in rational conversation.

Your silly, fantasy-fiction articles are mildly amusing but have little basis in reality.

BTW, everything that says can be just as equally applied to religious right wing whack jobs, or any other type. The fact is that damn near everyone believes what they want to, regardless of facts. Political ideologies aside, it applies to most folks on either side.

valkyrie

He's trying exactly to do what Roosevelt did to get the US out of the Great Depression. The problem with what Roosevelt did was that he waited too long to start the public works projects. The difference between the two is that we do not have a balanced budget and we haven't since Bush came into office. Clinton had things on track but Bush needed money for the war(s), not to mention his bailouts in the last year of his presidency ... spend spend spend! It's a shame we entered this recession already deep in debt but I do believe that the public works projects will help get us out of the recession.

Now these piss poor companies (i.e., banks and car companies) are a different matter. I think they should have failed and failed hard. This corporate welfare is for the birds!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He's trying exactly to do what Roosevelt did to get the US out of the Great Depression.
Get involved in a major war?

It's a shame we entered this recession already deep in debt but I do believe that the public works projects will help get us out of the recession.
Article 1 said:
Section. 7.

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States: If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

This corporate welfare is for the birds!

[devils advocate]Corporate welfare pays. The organization pays taxes. The organization sells good or services which create taxes. The organization employs individuals who earn income, pay taxes, spend capital on goods and services which are taxed.[/devils advocate]

Individual welfare creates nothing but an entitlement mentality.

valkyrie

Get involved in a major war?
Too late, we're already there! :lol:
No... the public works projects (i.e., Hoover Dam, the rural electrification project, etc.).

[devils advocate]Corporate welfare pays. The organization pays taxes. The organization sells good or services which create taxes. The organization employs individuals who earn income, pay taxes, spend capital on goods and services which are taxed.[/devils advocate]
I wish I had all the tax loopholes these companies get! Not to mention the opportunity to hide my wealth overseas but still get tax breaks here in the Us. [/angry_curmudgeon]
Individual welfare creates nothing but an entitlement mentality.
Depends. Temporary assistance is not a bad thing for someone who is fit and able to work. Lifelong welfare assistance for those who can work is exactly as you put it and more. It is a cancer on the "soul".

Before I get people chiming in on assistance to those who are physically and mentally less fortunate I agree that for a few some lifelong assistance is needed and I am not opposed to this.