Missing Georgia...

tonksy

i hope that her fiance has seen the light. how can you trust someone again who obviously thinks so little of your feelings?

HomeLAN

When she called it in, she said that she'd been kidnapped, and that it "had been on CNN." She knew the shit she was stirring.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Off with her head and be done with it. After she pays the overtime for the cops who searched for her and the volunteers are compensated for their efforts.

freako104

HomeLAN said:
When she called it in, she said that she'd been kidnapped, and that it "had been on CNN." She knew the shit she was stirring.

If she knew then why not give her the max sentence for it I say. She had people worried, not to mention all the cops and whoever else(I think the FBI might have looked into it since it did supposedly cross state line) looked for her

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
The way I see it, her only mistake was lying when they found her. It wasn't her that freaked out and called every law enforcement office and television station when she dissappeared. Like Gonz said, this isn't that big of a deal, the news made it that big of a deal.

HomeLAN

I don't want her buried, but I think some community service is in order. Call it an object lesson, and for God's sake, hold her responsible for the costs to the community.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Are the others, the ones without Judge daddies & media hounds, held to the same level of responsibility?

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
Are the others, the ones without Judge daddies & media hounds, held to the same level of responsibility?

She falsely reported a crime, she should be held responsible for that, as should everyone, IMO.

catocom

chcr said:
She falsely reported a crime, she should be held responsible for that, as should everyone, IMO.
Exactly.
If the families weren't one of some stature, there wouldn't even be a discussion.
Here you would just be charged right off.
I really like HL's idea of Community service in this case. (and probation)

catocom

:rofl:
You just can't buy some moments with kids.
My youngest nephew (6) was walking by as the news was on.
He heard some of the stuff going on in this case.

He then asked my mom.....
"Why did Jennifer Wilbanks get 'cold feet'? Did she get in the creek?"

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Some folks hold different people to different levels of culpability.

Imagine your house being burglarized while half the police department was looking for this loser.

unclehobart

It's starting to look more and more premeditated in that she cut her hair in advance, pulled the money days in advance... and bought the bus tickets a few days before she bolted. She can no longer claim a spontaneous stress freakout and flight.

If only she would have left a note saying that she was bolting for a bit.... sh wouldn't be in 1/20 as much trouble.

tonksy

not of what see did would be a big deal if she hadn't LIED about being kidnapped in her 911 call. at that point she was filing a false report. that is illegal. spoiled little brat.

HomeLAN

unclehobart said:
If only she would have left a note saying that she was bolting for a bit.... sh wouldn't be in 1/20 as much trouble.

She wouldn't be in any trouble. She'd have a pissed fiance' - but that's it.

A.B.Normal

tonksy said:
if she hadn't LIED about being kidnapped in her 911 call.

And then she fessed up pretty quick once the cops started interviewing her ,anything between the 911 call and her confessing she's culpable for ,all the rest I can't see her being held accounable.There is no law about taking off and not telling anyone (unless your military)even if it were premeditated,especially since shes an adult .She showed poor judgement and inconsideration .

Liliandra

tonksy said:
not of what see did would be a big deal if she hadn't LIED about being kidnapped in her 911 call. at that point she was filing a false report. that is illegal. spoiled little brat.

precisely....that in and of itself makes this a crime...never mind completely inconsiderate to everyone involved, even if it hadn't made it to national media

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
And then she fessed up pretty quick once the cops started interviewing her ,anything between the 911 call and her confessing she's culpable for ,all the rest I can't see her being held accounable.There is no law about taking off and not telling anyone (unless your military)even if it were premeditated,especially since shes an adult .She showed poor judgement and inconsideration .

exactly

catocom

I still don't know why, if this was as premeditated as it seems, that she didn't
at least leave a note. Even if she couldn't bring her self to confront the BF
about it, she could have left some kind of word that would have been found
shortly, or the next day or something.

Like I said...The girl needs some serious psychiatric help.

A.B.Normal

Even before she "turned up" the search was being called off and they were saying even brides get cold feet,so they had to have had some sort of insight during the whole thing.