Missing Georgia...

HomeLAN

Seems to me that we may have different opinions on when she knew that all the fuss was being made. I'm assuming there's no way she could have not known from an early stage, and she stood by and allowed all this shit to happen. You play that game, you pay a price.

I assume that AB and Gonz assume she didn't know until right before she called in. That would be a different deal, but I sincerely doubt it.

A.B.Normal

If she knew or not is moot.If the wife and I were to take off on holidays and not tell anyone and then found out there were alot of people looking for us but didn't bother to make our whereabouts known to them,we are not breaking any law.Poor judgement YES ,Inconsideration YES ,guilty of a Crime NO .If they are going to charge her it will be for the info she gave in New Mexico for that two hours,not for what happened in Georgia for the previous 4-5days.

unclehobart

HomeLAN said:
She wouldn't be in any trouble. She'd have a pissed fiance' - but that's it.
I was thinking more of mom and dad out 20+k over a 600 person extravagancia outlay... plus the 28 bridesmaids and groomsmen out the 100s apice on rentals and lime chiffon dresslets.

HomeLAN

Poor judgement YES ,Inconsideration YES ,guilty of a Crime NO

Wrong. Yes to all 3. If she knew the cops were looking for her, and refused to come forward because she was acting like a 3 YO, that's a crime 'round these parts. Period, the end, bye-bye.

HomeLAN

Just read today's AJC article on it. Apparently, they will not charge her with obstruction under the scenario I outlined above, but are considering both misdemeanor reporting a false crime charges and felony false statement charges.

They're also thinking of suing her for the cost of the search.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Now, I could agree with the two charges, but she was not the one that initiated that search. She took off. That's legal. I don't know if it was her fiance or her family, but whoever turned this into a major ordeal is responsible for the search, not her.

HomeLAN

So, if your wife took off without leaving a note, and you reported her missing, and she'd pulled this, you'd be financially responsible?

Wow.

PT

I know if she took off there'd be a damn good reason for it. I also think if she took off I'd know that she just took off, cause I know her. And if I was the one that turned it into a nationwide womanhunt when she just wanted some space for a few days, Yeah, I'd be feeling like an ass.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gotta dig deeper. If she hadn't tuck tail and run off, there would have been no report of missing, and hence no search. The underlying contributing factor leading to the useless waste of human resources and the tying up of public safety officers was the fact that this twit hightailed out of state and lied through her teeth about it.

PT

So an adult doesn't have the right to take off across the country without telling anyone?

Professur

PT said:
So an adult doesn't have the right to take off across the country without telling anyone?

Actually, no, she doesn't. It's called social responsability. She knew damn well the reaction she'd provoke.

PT

Morally, I agree with you, but I can't see prosecuting for "social responsibility".

Professur

PT said:
Morally, I agree with you, but I can't see prosecuting for "social responsibility".

So how would you deal with someone how deliberately makes it look like their house is on fire?

PT

Well, if they start a fire, it's arson. If they call the fire dept cause they burnt toast, then they should be charged with the cost of the call. I don't think you can compare smoke billowing out of a house to the running away of an adult though.

Professur

PT said:
Well, if they start a fire, it's arson. If they call the fire dept cause they burnt toast, then they should be charged with the cost of the call. I don't think you can compare smoke billowing out of a house to the running away of an adult though.

You're evading. Deliberately make it look like the house is on fire. Not accidently burn toast. C'mon Cory, you're better than that.

PT

Ok, so you set up a smoke machine, open a few windows, then leave. Is that what you're saying?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
PT said:

Yes, she does. Staging a fake kidnapping is quite another matter. She does not have that right. A reported kidnapping becomes a matter of police investigation. The cops look for the missing person, as they should. This ties them up and prevents them from investigating legitimate crimes. What if you owned a business in the town, and said business was burglarized, maybe one of your employees murdered, and the cops could not devote the resources to investigating this that they normally could have because half a dozen cops were busy looking for some moneyed debutante who staged a kidnapping because she was nervous about her large wedding? Would you still defend her?