Missing Georgia...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
misdemeanor reporting a false crime charges and felony false statement charges.
I agree with those charges, I just don't agree with making her pay for the search. She was not the one that called the police and reported herself missing to begin with. She did later call 911 and tell lies, and for that she should be punished, but you would have to prove to me that her intent was for the family to think she had been kidnapped. I don't know how you can prove that.

HomeLAN

How about the fact that she carefully planned it, bought the bus ticket a week earlier, but couldn't be bothered with the detail of leaving a note. You don't suspect that speaks to motivation and foresight of consequences?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
She has the right to move on, quietly & without fanfare. Her family & fiance placed her in the position to have to deal with the police. Her family & fiance contacted the media. We all watched with rapt attention, making the newscasters turn this story into a bigger event that is necessary. She could have easily had no idea whatsoever if she was on the TV. Once finding out, she contacted authorities & lied. Within a few short hours, she rescinded her false staement. The local authorities (New Mexico) decided that her report was reasonable & understandable & chose not to press charges. The public reaction, due to television news coverage, is creating a public furor in GA. Putting pressure on the local DA to "do something about it".

The woman is a fuck up & probably was/is in over her head with familial expectations (600 guets to a wedding???). She ought to be forced to publically apologize & then crawl into a hole & feel small & stupid for a while.

She did nothing illegal (so say the NM police). Let her feel shame & leave her alone.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Maybe NM declined to press any charges because they rightly concluded that she is Georgia's problem, not theirs. That does happen in our system, trust me.

Winky

She should be killed for her henious crime.

Leaving and going somewhere?
Sheesh you'd think this was a free country or sumthin'

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Maybe NM declined to press any charges because they rightly concluded that she is Georgia's problem, not theirs. That does happen in our system, trust me.

However, to my knowledge, she never lied to GA authorities, meaning GA has no case.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Good point as well.

I really don't care too much what they do with her as long as she goes away from my TV for awhile. Them bug eyes are freaking me out.

Winky

That's right S and p p
She's got the look of an anorexic bulimic!!!
Next she's a gonna fall into a coma! heh heh

Yeah her Hubby is a fricken disgrace!
The next thing we see should be how he dumped
her bony ass and latched onto some baywatch honey!

tonksy

SouthernN'Proud said:
Good point as well.

I really don't care too much what they do with her as long as she goes away from my TV for awhile. Them bug eyes are freaking me out.
lol that was my first immpression too! she looks startled all the time.

A.B.Normal

SouthernN'Proud said:
How about her telling NM authorities that she had been kidnapped? Does that prove it?

The search had already been called off by that point and back in Georgia they were already alluding to a bride with cold feet. There was only 1-2 hours where she was using the kidnap story before she fessed up,during that time the search was a thing of the past.

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
However, to my knowledge, she never lied to GA authorities, meaning GA has no case.
Actually she did ,she phoned them from NM as well or they were at the house when she phoned her hubby,and for that they are suggesting "make false statements to police".

catocom

I say she needs a $50,000 fine, and 300hrs community service.
The fine to help pay some back to the community, and the community service
to teach her a lesson, and set an example....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The following is a statement issued today by Jennifer Wilbanks, the so-called runaway bride from Duluth, Ga.

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Jennifer Wilbanks

At this time, I cannot explain fully what happened to me last week. I had a host of compelling issues which seemed out of control – issues for which I was unable to address or confine. Please, may I assure you that my running away had nothing to do with "cold feet," nor was it ever about leaving John. Those who know me know how excited I've been, and how excited I was about the spectacular wedding we planned, and how I could not wait to be Mrs. John Mason.

In my mind, it was never about the timing, however unfortunate. I was simply running from myself and from certain fears controlling my life.

Each day I am understanding more about who I am and the issues that influenced me to respond inappropriately. Therefore, I have started professional treatment voluntarily.

I am truly sorry for the troubles I caused, and I offer my deep and sincere apology. I ask for John's forgiveness and that of his family. I also ask for forgiveness of my family, our friends, our respective churches, our communities, and any others I may have offended unintentionally.

I am deeply grateful and appreciative to everyone who responded on my behalf. I thank you for every expression of support and effort. Your sacrifices of time and personal inconvenience touched me deeply, and I hope your spirit of care is not lessened.

I understand that many people wanted to hear from me personally today, and I wanted to be here. However, I look forward to days ahead when I am strong enough to speak for myself.

As John said on countless occasions recently, may we follow the teaching of Scripture, in being kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving, just as God in Christ forgives us. Thank you.