My new place

Do you wanna see pics of my new place when it's tidied up?

• Yes! Show us pics!

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Hell no! Why would I wanna see where YOU live?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pffft you'll never get it clean enough to be willing to post pics!

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Inkara1

I like cooking with gas better, as well. Ever try to heat up a tortilla on an electric stove? I don't recommend it. But with gas, you can heat the tortilla right on the burner.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone!!

A special thanks to starya! The livingroom is my baby, it reflects my tastes perfectly as it is all new furniture that I picked out. It means a lot that you like it :)

When/if I show y'all the bedroom you'll see a variation in style because the bed and chest of drawers were hand me downs. Very nice, wood furniture in excellent shape but not what I'd pick (but it's better than spending the cash on a new set).

chcr

Too cute for words
I like cooking with gas better, as well. Ever try to heat up a tortilla on an electric stove? I don't recommend it. But with gas, you can heat the tortilla right on the burner.
Got a griddle for just such an eventuality. Works just fine. I miss the cast iron one though (can't use it on the new cooktop). Not that I have anything against gas, but it's not really such a huge difference and we cook a lot.

I have gas, but I would like an ceramic topped electric cooker high speed ceramic zones. Nice and easy to keep clean.

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=211834&tab=specification
Our 25 year old 45 inch Jenn-Air built in unit fried itself just before Christmas.
We got this one. Of course I had to close the hole some and still have to put new formica down. Ain't I handy???

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

If that's the only thing you can't do on an electric stove I think I'll survive :p

Actually, since I've been cooking on electric my whole life I think I'll survive regardless :D

Aunty Em

Our 25 year old 45 inch Jenn-Air built in unit fried itself just before Christmas.
We got this one. Of course I had to close the hole some and still have to put new formica down. Ain't I handy???

Very nice. I can't have a built in one because my flat is rented unfurnished and they don't provide appliances. I might actually go for one of these 55cm ones.

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=250775&tab=specification

When they put in the new kitchen they left a 60cm gap for the cooker, but I've found since that a 60cm cooker won't actually fit cos it needs to be a little wider to get it in the gap. :eek:

Inkara1

Here's my stove... it comes with the house so it stays when I leave. It's a little messy; sorry.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Do you like doing dishes at that sink? :confuse3:

I do not.

Luckily I have a dishwasher so the dishes I have to do by hand are minimal. I actually have two pyrex dishes sitting in it now waiting to be cleaned...but I need to get a brush first because I used them to bake shish kebobs and they have little burn bits on them and it's too hard to get off with just a dish cloth :)

BB

Looks nice and tidy there, Nixy, nice and homely.

er - i voted yes! ...but then i just voted, so didn't know you had already posted them...

wow - fascinating insight into everyone's cookers! :grinyes:

I have cooked (when i ever cook - though i quite enjoy cooking when i do get the time - add three parts of music, 5 parts of wine, and the odd theatrical cooking style flourish with a pepper pot or tossing the pan etc ... usually for no other reason than fun ... mind i am off all booze for 7 weeks, at the minimum target, at the mo ... )

- anyway - i have cooked on electric and gas, and don't really mind either.

Aunty Em

Atm I use other gadgets to cook rather than my cooker... microwave, electric slow cooker, george foreman grill, electric steamer, electric egg boiler. My oven gets an outing twice a week, I cook veg or pasta on one of the burners and occassionally I make an omelette, but apart from that it rarely gets used.