Need to ask a favour from someone in England...

a13antichrist

I have a feeling that something isn't right with my txt msging to UK phones.. quite simply that it doesn't work.. wanted to ask someone if I could test this by sending them an SMS and then them sending me one back to confirm both sides.. cheers.. :)

a13antichrist

Exactly the same...
At least, it is in both NZ and France.. with the English though I suppose you never know, they were never ones for being logical.. :p

I avoid mobile usage cause costs are incredibly high here, only emergency or free time do i use it, 20 quid lasts months usually.

Aunty Em

Same here... it's only for emergencies. I use my Alphatel for international calls usually - 3p/min to germany, so I can talk to my brother for a couple of hours without breaking the bank. :)

Aunty Em

It was his birthday yesterday so the call cost about £4 by the time we'd finished yakking. I re-credited it today as I only had a couple of quid left and that wouldn't have been enough for a decent length call. :)

Aunty Em

He and his wife Simone are buying this amazing farmhouse in the middle of the sticks near where they live in Hilchenbach for 90k euros(about £70k). It has 2 rooms and a kitchen and bath on the ground floor, 2 rooms and a kitchen and bath on the first floor and 2 massive attic bedrooms. They are planning on Simones parents having the ground floor, while they have the 2 upper floors. Apparently that's normal in Germany. Hopefully we'll be stayng there when we visit next year... if I can find the village that is! :eek:

Oh, and it comes with a very large field too. Enough to keep a couple of horses or some goats. It sounds very much like my great aunts farm before it was sold a couple of years ago. It also has some outbuildings so he'll be able to set up his forge and workshop no problem. :)

I got a mate (british) who went to South America and scored somewhat of a mansion for a mere 180k, this thing might've sold for over 850k-1 million quid here :eek:

ris

move to north wales, you can get 4-5 bed houses there for 180k odd i beleive. or the valleys - i've seen houses round there going for 20k.

of course you have to put up with living in the valleys and having your home burned out in north wales but other than that its fine... :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
you can buy a nice big house in here with 200k sterline pounds.

Aunty Em

ris said:
move to north wales, you can get 4-5 bed houses there for 180k odd i beleive. or the valleys - i've seen houses round there going for 20k.

of course you have to put up with living in the valleys and having your home burned out in north wales but other than that its fine... :D
....er..... pass! :eek:

... does having Welsh cousins living in Aberystwyth help? Or would it be better if I went back to using my dads original surname... Lawton-Bevan?

ris

bevan is a start but unless you can speak fluent welsh in north wales don't expect to be able to buy anything from the local shops.

the valleys are fine. apart from the poverty, shortage of jobs, crime rate, teenage pregnancies and drug problems its a haven.

:nuts2:

Aunty Em

Oh, I've always found the northern welsh to be very friendly, but then I was just a tourist. ;)

Raven

Annoying SOB
a13 I work for customer services for a mobile phone company. Gimme the details, what network you are on, what network(s) the recipients are on and I'll be able to advise :)

a13antichrist

Well, I'm on Orange in France.. the two numbers in the UK are on 078 139 and 078 765 but I couldn't tell ya what network it is.. I know that msgs only rarely work between France and NZ and while during the wekend it seems to have worked most of the time between here & the UK, there is some definite lag (couple of hours) between sending & reception...