Need to ask a favour from someone in England...

Raven

Annoying SOB
Well the lag is due to the foreign networks having to communicate with each other. What you and all you friends will need to do is ask to have your 'Roaming Bars' removed. As you are in france you may also need to have your Premium Bar removed due to something in the french network

a13antichrist

What's always bugged me is that my msgs always arrive pretty much straight away. Most msgs from NZ don't get through at all, and when they do they come in half a day later.

Orange has activated global roaming "Orange sans frontières" on all their plans automatically....

Raven

Annoying SOB
your buds will need theirs removing as well and try the premium thing. ask them to remove the bar all outgoing international calls except to home. Thats different to the international roaming bar as the international roaming bar allows you to call home network only. The other bar allows you to make 'in country' calls and calls to other networks.

Raven

Annoying SOB
I work for O2. 07801 to - 03, -08 to -09, -50, -60, -85 and -89 are O2. So 07813 isnt O2. Like with (most) area codes the MSISDN (pronounced Mizdun - Mobile Service Integrated Subscriber Digital Network) prefix is 5 numbers long.

a13antichrist

steweygrrrr said:
your buds will need theirs removing as well and try the premium thing. ask them to remove the bar all outgoing international calls except to home. Thats different to the international roaming bar as the international roaming bar allows you to call home network only. The other bar allows you to make 'in country' calls and calls to other networks.

NZ-UK-NZ worls immediately, problem-free, every time. It's only receiving messages in France that causes a problem and both times I've written to Customer Services here they've said "transmission only works if the two networks have created exchange agreements. Please check that the network you're trying to send to has such an agreement with Orange". I mean idiots, surely they'd themselves know whether they've got such an agreement with someone.. :rolleyes:

As for the UK thing I think it's sorted, may just have been some lag during the weekend, everything seems to be humming now..

Raven

Annoying SOB
Please have some respect for the CS dudes a13 we do the best we can and agreements change all the time.

Aunty Em

steweygrrrr said:
I work for O2. 07801 to - 03, -08 to -09, -50, -60, -85 and -89 are O2. So 07813 isnt O2. Like with (most) area codes the MSISDN (pronounced Mizdun - Mobile Service Integrated Subscriber Digital Network) prefix is 5 numbers long.
Hey man, I only remember the first 3 numbers after all I don't have to ring my own number do I?!

Aunty Em

Customer Service... Hmm... personally I always seem to get the CAS department... Customer Abuse Service...

I just listen and pretend i really care what they're saying then drop my knowledge of the real situation. Was getting winsock errors with a client connecting to a unix server, i read installing explorer 6 (client had 98 and v 5) could sort it, called customer service, they said RELOAD windows ( i was like wtf? :D) so i ignored em installed Explorer 6 sp1 and bam it works a charm :rolleyes:

Raven

Annoying SOB
:readthis:

I SOOOO wanna say this to customers sometimes:

Before you pick up the phone and moan - remember the call center mantra.
Congratulations to you sir
You've brought a mobile phone
Every reason now you see
To ring up here and moan

You're right I'm not a human
Of course I'm stupid too
That's why you're asking me sir
To tell you what to do

You cannot read instructions
Though simple they might be
So you've rung the helpline number
To place the blame on me

Your right! I am a dozy cow
You want to reach my boss
I'm doing all I can for you
But you don't give a toss

You've owned a phone since Christmas
An expert overnight
I'm only trained by o2
With nowt for brains but shite

Of course your right to swear sir
And why should I feel hurt
You know I can't retaliate
So treat me just like dirt

You're right; the phone is rubbish
The salesman needs a slap
You wish you'd never seen it
It's little more than crap

I totally agree sir
How could I fail to see?
Its not the lack of knowledge
It's purely down to me

You've read the owners handbook
Well: some of it; in part
So your the bloody expert
And I'm the stupid tart

Oh! here's my leader now sir
I'll transfer you to him
He knows all the answers
He's not like me:- too dim

Oh! Why a mobile phone sir?
Why did you buy that?
Such a simple gift sir
For such a clever prat

Next Christmas for a present
Ask for Dynamite!
Ram it up your ass sir
And I'll supply the light!

Aunty Em

:rofl4:

Bloody brilliant!

Actually I'm usually very polite, but the condecending tone that some CSs take gets up my nose!

Raven

Annoying SOB
Aunty Em said:
:rofl4:

Bloody brilliant!

Actually I'm usually very polite, but the condecending tone that some CSs take gets up my nose!
Yes but thats because we know that the customer who thinks they are right an know what they are talking about is complete bollocks. Someone has to set them straight :p

Aunty Em

Actually I was a member of 3 different bookclubs belonging to the same group... now it's just one because they kept bloody well sending me the editors choice despite the fact that I keep rejecting it online in good time! You do tend to feel more than a bit irate after the umpteenth time! I've just kept on Computer Books Direct... it's the only one I seem to buy from anyway.

As for my cable modem the first thing I usually do is reboot the modem and pc, then check it's connected and working properly in device manager, phone up to check if there are problems in this area and if none of these work, THEN phone the help-line... usually with a note of any error messages I've received.

I can imagine most people won't have done that.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Aunty Em said:
Actually I was a member of 3 different bookclubs belonging to the same group... now it's just one because they kept bloody well sending me the editors choice despite the fact that I keep rejecting it online in good time! You do tend to feel more than a bit irate after the umpteenth time! I've just kept on Computer Books Direct... it's the only one I seem to buy from anyway.

As for my cable modem the first thing I usually do is reboot the modem and pc, then check it's connected and working properly in device manager, phone up to check if there are problems in this area and if none of these work, THEN phone the help-line... usually with a note of any error messages I've received.

I can imagine most people won't have done that.
I can appreciate that but there are processes set in place that we have to follow. Granted they may sound like silly mundane questions but a silly mundane thing is normally the cause i.e. give your SIM a dust down is our first port of call for phone faults and 75% of the time that fixes it. Course then you get the numpties who call on their mobile and take the SIM out while they are on the line !! :rolleyes: