New car time!

HomeLAN

After 7.5 years, it was time to retire the Avenger. Just picked up a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT. All it lacks is the heated seats and the all wheel drive. Silver, with grey leather interior. Looks like this one:

0forum2.jpg

HeXp£Øi±

HomeLAN said:
After 7.5 years, it was time to retire the Avenger. Just picked up a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT. All it lacks is the heated seats and the all wheel drive. Silver, with grey leather interior. Looks like this one:

0forum2.jpg

Very nice HomeLan. I've been thinking recently about buying a new forester.
You'd beat me off the line with that thing but i bet i could out 4X ya. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
How is it Steve? Roomy? We've considered trading the Taurus wagon for this much sportier wagon.

HomeLAN

Damn nice. The wife says the backseats kick butt, plenty o' space, will seat three across the back. I'm 6'2", 260 pounds, and the driver's seat, both headroom and width-wise, is plenty big.

Be aware, the RT's with the hemi are being sold within a day or two of arrival, so they don't wanna deal (I could only get him down 1,500, and I'm pretty decent at that shit). The LXT's, though, with the V6 or the smaller V8, they were markin' down. You could probably shave them down even further.

This one had more options than I orginally shopped, but it was buy this one or wait 4-6 months while they got the one I wanted. Got the same story all over town.

HomeLAN

On the way home, the wife told me, last minute, to pull into the grocery store. Put the pedal about 1/3 down, and left the guy to my right behind me like he was standing still. :D

Inkara1

AB... you beat me to it, fucker! :p

So I guess now I gotta play the role of the other guy in the Hemi commercials who says, "SWEET!"

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
On the way home, the wife told me, last minute, to pull into the grocery store. Put the pedal about 1/3 down, and left the guy to my right behind me like he was standing still. :D

:D Now your talking my language.

Cool ride, Homey.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
very sweet ride homey. we have a dealership 3 blocks from the house. They have a beautiful red on sitting there. hemi and all. the wife loves it, sooo i could prolly look at it, but im scared to death of the monthly payment.

HomeLAN

1) Got it at Woodstock Dodge. Trade in, cash back (1,000), and argument got about $3,200 off the sticker.

2) 17 MPG city, 25 highway. Big difference, because the back 4 cylinders shut off at cruise speed to save gas.

3) Sunday? I'll be coming home from Mom's. Might be able to make it work, I'll call ya.

4) I like the new car smell. I'm gonna enjoy it while I can. Leather seats seem to accentuate it.

5) Sharky, get up here. I'll give you a ride in it if ya want.

6) Healthy down payment and good credit got me 4.89% on the loan amount.

7) Thanks. I've got a 2 hour drive to take today, and I'm lookin' forward to it. :D

Inkara1

HomeLAN said:
3) Sunday? I'll be coming home from Mom's. Might be able to make it work, I'll call ya.
I think he was quoting another Hemi Ram commercial. I quoted one with my "sweet" comment, and he quoted the one with the guy with the bullhorn yelling "SUNDAY! SUNDAY! GOIN' FISHIN' IN A HEMI-POWERED DODGE RAM!"

unclehobart

He was talking to me. We usually try to have a guys afternoon on Sundays.

Unfortunately I shall have to pass as Tonks has been sick all weekend, the girls have been sick since living memory. Everyone is one antibiotics and cough meds. I thought I had escaped most of it except that I started to get the 'stuffy head' and ear drainage all over again. I haven't been able to discern the body and headaches as they are fairly constant. I can't tell good from bad half the time.

unclehobart

Inkara1 said:
I think he was quoting another Hemi Ram commercial. I quoted one with my "sweet" comment, and he quoted the one with the guy with the bullhorn yelling "SUNDAY! SUNDAY! GOIN' FISHIN' IN A HEMI-POWERED DODGE RAM!"
I did... in reply #10