New car time!

Kruz

I have test driven a few of them.... they do real good burn-outs :smoke:
Don't leave any packages on the front seat while your driving.. It will set an AirBag code and turn the tight on.. there is a T.S.B on them and the 300's for re-calibrating the front seat weight sensors.

*ps* leave the traction control on for the wife & kiddies :nono:

one more thing... it's VERY important that you only use 5W-20 oil with that engine. the MDS (multiple displacement system) it uses is controlled by tiny holes in the valve lifters, if they get plugged up it will be a nightmare to fix.......
and..... it takes 7 quarts of oil.
if you want someone you trust to service it... just bring it to me. :wave:

HomeLAN

Thanks a ton, Kruz. The 5W20 tip alone is probably worth its weight in gold. And, the passenger airbag sensor is already FUBAR'd - an empty seat causes it to turn itself on and off every few minutes, with the accompanying warning chime. That's gonna be a dealer bitch call tomorrow.

Sharky

HomeLAN said:
1) Got it at Woodstock Dodge. Trade in, cash back (1,000), and argument got about $3,200 off the sticker.

2) 17 MPG city, 25 highway. Big difference, because the back 4 cylinders shut off at cruise speed to save gas.

3) Sunday? I'll be coming home from Mom's. Might be able to make it work, I'll call ya.

4) I like the new car smell. I'm gonna enjoy it while I can. Leather seats seem to accentuate it.

5) Sharky, get up here. I'll give you a ride in it if ya want.

6) Healthy down payment and good credit got me 4.89% on the loan amount.

7) Thanks. I've got a 2 hour drive to take today, and I'm lookin' forward to it. :D

1) Sounds like you got a really good deal, considering the high demand for those. :cool:

2) 25 ain't bad at all for a V8. Beats the hell out of my 17 avg. :D

4) One word about leather care: Lexol. Their leather cleaner and conditioner are the best, and I've tried 'em all. Use them every month and your seats will look new for a loooong time. ;)

5) Kewl! You're on. If I can just break loose long enough to get up there . . . :dizzy:

Professur

Don't you wish you'd waited a little longer?
S_dodgecharger-045.jpg

Source

HomeLAN

Frankly, no. That's the same engine, but I can use a wagon. The upcoming SRT8 version with the Hemi 6.1 will be nice, but I don't need the extra 0.4l, as this one's giving me all I need, particularly as it "wakes up".

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with it.

K62

HomeLAN, congrats!

I only wish I could afford to own something like that, maybe in the years to come.

I am going sailing within the next few weeks, for a few months. When I return I will be looking for a new car, probably a 1999-2000ish Corolla.

ah the joys of being 19 :devious:

HomeLAN

Hell, you're looking at better cars than mine at 19. I was driving a 1979 Buick Regal, with a 3.8 liter 6 banger in it. That was still better than most of my friends' rides, though.

PrincessLissa

It's not my type of car, but it looks sporty and large enough for the family. :D

It's way better than our 10 year old Exploder and dinged up Jetta. :D

Inkara1

I'd have to say that driving the HEMI and getting to the next light before everyone else even got across the intersection put quite a smile on my face. :D

HomeLAN

It's actually gotten better since then. Most of the folks who have this model have said it sorta "wakes up" after a time. That began about 2 months after the BBQ. At this point, she'll move right the hell out.

I notice the pics went down, so here's one.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have the idea that most cars "wake up" after some mileage, somehow the acceleration feels much more solid.

HomeLAN

Love what they did with the engine cowl, but flame jobs - unless absolutely perfectly done - always impressed me as lame. Those grill fronts are available anyplace. Nice choice on the rims, but I wonder if he scrubs it going through sharp turns?

Dave

they do nice work on Overhaulin'. flashy without being gaudy most of the time.
i saw one of the new Chargers the other day. i do like the styling that is coming out of Daimler Chrysler these days. i thought the big Ram front fascias on the cars were a little too much initially, but they have grown on me.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The guy doing th eflames is apparently under demand worldwide. I've never cared for 'em either (and in all honesty they didn't do a thing for the hood) but his are outstanding & lifelike. They'd be too cool on a bike.

Inkara1

HomeLAN said:
It's actually gotten better since then. Most of the folks who have this model have said it sorta "wakes up" after a time. That began about 2 months after the BBQ. At this point, she'll move right the hell out.

I notice the pics went down, so here's one.
If it wasn't woke up yet when I drove it... well, damn. :eek: