New contest

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
resolution of the screen...but even though things may look different sizes at different screen resolutions if youprint them out (providing they have the same pixels/inch values) they will all be the same size. In Photoshop you can set pixels/inch when you make a new file...whatever that value would then be what you would need to use as your dimensions :)

Mirlyn

Nixy said:
resolution of the screen...but even though things may look different sizes at different screen resolutions if youprint them out (providing they have the same pixels/inch values) they will all be the same size. In Photoshop you can set pixels/inch when you make a new file...whatever that value would then be what you would need to use as your dimensions :)
Yeah, I think its 72x72.

Inkara1

Most print media is in a resolution of 300dpi, in which case it would have to be 300x300.

Windows' typical resolution is 72dpi.

Inkara1

Here's something I put together real quick. It looks big on screen, but when you print it it's 1 inch by 1 inch. The text seems to look a little small when I print it, but that can be worked on a bit.

I also made sure to save it in .tif format before I saved another copy in .jpg format, so if it wins, it can go to print minus the JPEG artifacts.

pc_builder

I'll just have to make some new ones. 200x200 at least or 300x300, whatever the official concensus becomes. Those last few I made were at 96x96 pixels and my monitor runs at 1024x768

pc_builder

Here's one I made at 200x200. I recreated the 3d banger myself. I was going to add a beard and make it a beard banger, but I had trouble making the beard look right. That's why he has brown eyebrows. I will add the beard later when I can make it look right.

pc_builder

I know the arm looks a little long compared with your official logo, but I though "oh well".

Also, I made a tiff of this, too.

Inkara1

Does Squiggy have a version without the 3D shiny effects added? If it goes into production, the flexible clear plastic layer on top of the printed logo will provide the shiny 3D effects.

pc_builder

Here's one more. I got a semi-decent goatee on this one. The bearded headbanger I created still looks like crap though.

pc_builder

Here be another one. Hey admins? Even if I lose (which is more than likely), can I take my stuff and make my own case badges for myself and to give away? Assuming anyone else would want them, that is. :D