New film raises fears of Muslim outrage

jimpeel

I KNEW one, not a priest, and the priests I did know I would trust with children, and the imams I have met, I would get on a plane, bus, whatever with.

The whole point being not all imams are fanatical, not all priests are molesters, though some of each group are.

All this means is that you are a gambler.

ResearchMonkey

"stigma"

If I know someone and can track them, I'm generally trusting with my kids, but then again those who know me wouldn't take that chance with my kids

jimpeel

It means I take people for who they are, not the basic stereotype you seem to take them as

So if you had been on that plane with the flying Imams and watched how they acted just like everyone else you would have stood up and started yelling "People, people. Can't we all just get along?"

2minkey

bootlicker
So if you had been on that plane with the flying Imams and watched how they acted just like everyone else you would have stood up and started yelling "People, people. Can't we all just get along?"

i certainly would have taken notice of them. and probably kept an eye on them. i'm just not into the same kind of posturing, rhetorical masturbation, and identity-building through scapegoat as some here are. and no i don't necessarily mean you, peel.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef

Unless they got up with box cutters, I don't care what they do, how they dress, if they have accents, or anything.

Cerise

Did someone mention the Flying Imams?

The airport episode appeared pre-planned, the American equivalent of the manufactured Danish cartoon controversy, in which Danish Islamists, who hoped to benefit from polarization, exaggerated victimization and sought a pretext for crisis....

....on the plane, however, they aroused passenger suspicion with loud Arabic conversations, requests for apparently unnecessary seat-belt extenders—which can be used as weapons—and a post-boarding seating switch....

....had the Islamist imams only apologized for terrorism, it would be bad enough. But they have also sought to undercut the efforts of local Muslims to advocate against and condemn publicly terrorism conducted in the name of Islam....

....countering Islamism and combating Islamist terrorism should be a greater public responsibility for the organized American Muslim community than the obsession with civil rights and victimization in which current Islamist organizations engage. Americans living in fear for their security are looking to moderate, traditional Muslims to lead this fight. The credibility of the Muslim community suffers because groups such as CAIR, ISNA, and the North American Imams Federation deny the interplay between Islamism and terrorism. http://www.meforum.org/article/1809

ResearchMonkey

Unless they got up with box cutters, I don't care what they do, how they dress, if they have accents, or anything.

....Better have already made your choice and have some plan of what you're going to do IF the box cutters come out!

If you wait more than seconds you will lose valuable tacticle ground fast.

*Non-stop flight to Shanksville now boarding*

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
....Better have already made your choice and have some plan of what you're going to do IF the box cutters come out!

If you wait more than seconds you will lose valuable tacticle ground fast.

*Non-stop flight to Shanksville now boarding*

I will react in a appropriate manner. Same as if a white or black guy pulled a knife on me, being tolerant of others doesn't mean I am not paranoid, and ready to hurt people at the drop of a hat.

ResearchMonkey

May I suggest... always know where your lappy power chord with that heavy wire and heavy transfomer is when you board.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but where ever I go, I assess my surrounding constantly and I remain ready to fight at the first sign of any hat dropping.

Aunty Em

It's a religion of peace.

Aren't Bush and the rest of the warmongers Christians?

... shame, they give the rest of us a bad name... I seem to remember Jesus told us to love our neighbours as ourselves... I don't think killing them qualifies.

It seems to me that regardless of the religion, only the fanatics get heard, while the peaceful majority cringe in embarrassment and fear.

catocom

Aren't Bush and the rest of the warmongers Christians?

... shame, they give the rest of us a bad name... I seem to remember Jesus told us to love our neighbours as ourselves... I don't think killing them qualifies.

It seems to me that regardless of the religion, only the fanatics get heard, while the peaceful majority cringe in embarrassment and fear.

IMO, as I said in another thread here somewhere....
It depends on your definition of what a "Neighbour" is considered to be..

Aunty Em

IMO, as I said in another thread here somewhere....
It depends on your definition of what a "Neighbour" is considered to be..

According to the bible, everyone is my neighbour... but then in my experience people always qualify what they don't like.

catocom

According to the bible, everyone is my neighbour...

According to the Bible I use (king james ver) I've never read that.

The way I understand it is that a neighbor was/is the people lived within
a certain realm. Jesus didn't consider the Phrases, his neighbors.

He talked in parables, and the people that understood I think was a qualifier.
There are many other qualifiers, and there are some that just don't meet Any of them.