New Moderator Nominator (Lunatic Lounge only)

Unfortunately, Paul aka Mufu has declined to run, due to technical issues posting at the site, and he feels he will not have the time due to University obligations to be a good moderator.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by Justintime
Unfortunately, Paul Anka Mufu has declined to run

OMG, It would have been nice to have Paul Anka as a mod :laugh: :laugh:

pssst, Justin, i changed the quote[/siz]

Palabras del día:[/]
computer = computadora
speed = velocidad
[/size]

Luis G

Staff member
Originally posted by Justintime
on another note, mighty funny so many members have signed up in the last 2 days :)

True, today 3 members registered in less than 1-2 hours

Palabras del día:[/]
computer = computadora
speed = velocidad
[/size]

Anyone can use a dialup connection ( dynamic ip) and register themselves over and over, and everytime they post its under a different IP, by reconnecting and disconnecting.

Luis G

Staff member
Most ISP have a domain, as well as a valid IP range, same IPs or IPs within a very short range are eye candy.

true, but its still hard to track, much harder than a static, but i guess we can still know if its within the IP range, could be a buddy sign up thing too, get a few buddies and tell em to vote, one time thing :(
Thing is, i don't seem familar with some names there from HWC or anywhere at all

sbcanada

We don't have to worry much about people voting more than once. Fury is disabling people's extra accounts. I sure hope he has that area under control. :eek:

yes fury has disabled all known multipe personalities, but i don't think that will stop some people who are undetected at present.

Luis G

Staff member
This might sound a little unfair, but i would say that the only way to reach a secure voting is to only allow votes from members registered before this thread.

Originally posted by Luis G
This might sound a little unfair, but i would say that the only way to reach a secure voting is to only allow votes from members registered before this thread.

I agree, but i don't think the software allows that :D

Luis G

Staff member
1800 posts?, you do your posting quickly....:D

I know, fury would have to take a manual look at the votes...or the votes should be submitted via PM.

If everyone agrees, we can have a manual pm system yes, i honestly think the votes will be tainted, too many members joined today, if you are legit and joined within the last 2 days, please take no offence, its just the multiples that tick me off :mad: