New Moderator Nominator (Lunatic Lounge only)

sbcanada

I think we need an anonymous, third party poll, that only allows an IP address to vote once. But then, 56k users could easily change their IP and vote again. :(

I guess the only fool proof way is to make a list of all known-to-be-legitimate-members and fury can ask them individually by email or an instant messenger. So much for the secret ballot. :(

well sb, thats the way it will likely have to happen, an anynomous vote will more than likely be tainted, i myself am on dialup since i trashed my cable for 1 mbit DSL (whooo! :D ) which i shall have on the 29th :cool: and always have a 56k backup connection handy, most people can dialup as well, its the easiest form of connecting to the net.

sbcanada

It's not the easiest way to connect to the internet. Cable/DSL is always connected so you don't have to dial in each time. Of course you need to get some professional to hook it up initially, but after that broadband is easiest to connect with. No damn busy signals, lack of dial tone, or some stupid password or protocol problem. You can easedrop on people talking on the phone if your modem has a speaker though. :D

I meant to initally connect, all you need is a modem and telephone number userame and pass, windows pretty much takes care of the settings, ppp etc.

In all my years of dialup connecting i never got a busy signal and always had the best speeds :D am at 52K now, but i do live in London.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Professional to install cable ???

Just get a splitter and split the tv cable, plug to the modem and you're done....

G

I don't think it's as easy as you might think to taint the vote. Fury is working on an idea that last I knew.

Originally posted by s4
I don't think it's as easy as you might think to taint the vote. Fury is working on an idea that last I knew.

S4, all it takes is someone to call a few buds, tell em sign up and vote, or that same person can use dialup / refresh their cable IP or even vote from different locations. so far as i know all the new members have different ranges, thus if anything is up, its likely a buddy system or posting from different locations

sbcanada

Originally posted by Luis G
Professional to install cable ???

Just get a splitter and split the tv cable, plug to the modem and you're done....

The guy who installed our cable internet had to do something to our cable box outside. :shrug:

So what's this plan fury is thinking of? Or is that classified? :p

sbcanada

I don't stalk him. I don't constantly annoy him with mindless ramblings either. Most of our conversation is normal, and friendly. If he wants me to shut up, then he can tell me, I don't need anyone else to.

MuFu

Originally posted by Justintime
...if you are legit and joined within the last 2 days, please take no offence, its just the multiples that tick me off :mad:

That's weird, because apparently chicks really dig multiples.

MuFu.