Newegg sucks eggs

catocom

Well now they got it to go through.....twice.
They double charged me. I have to see if they correct it when they open.
Here regular business hours start at 12pm est.
Good thing I keep a cushion in that bank account. :swing:

Mirlyn

HomeLAN said:
MSI (along with some others, but MSI was the worst) has been recently well konown for sloppy shit like blown mobo caps. That will definitely put you off your feed.

To be fair, Abit has now been named in a similar class-action suit. MSI was the one who got the ball rolling, though.
I had one of those KT133 Pro2a. MSI replaced it via RMA three times in the first year and a half for bad caps. That was in and around 2001. Then I bought the Epox 8RDA....leaps and bounds faster, but then had a chipset fan go out a few times and the caps leaked. Still runs though, after replacing the chipset fan myself.

The last MSI board is still running a Duron 700.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Just ordered a new video card and sound for a mythtv box yesterday, no problems for me as usual. considering the volume of orders they handle on a daily basis it's understandable that they make mistakes on occassion. It has been my experience that they usually will go out of their way to make sure you're accomodated and satisfied. Maybe I just have a good mark on my account.

And I've never had a problem with an MSI board, though I think it's kind of a crap shoot as to who is hot one day or the next.

catocom

I just got off the phone with them a little bit ago, ...again.
I've got 2 drafts coming out, but they show it's still being declined.
I don't know what they've done to my account, but it's screwed up, an it
IS on Their end.
The last 4 people I've talked to must be new or something. They don't know squat.

The last time on the 2-27th I got to the 3rd person...some guy, and he had
no problem getting it fixed. I don't know what these other support peoples problem is.

Winky

The Egg and Buy.com
two of the finest online places to buy stuff ever

quit yer whining

catocom

I've had absolutly no problems at all with NE...untill the last month or so.
I Really hope they get it worked out.
I just can't do business like this, that's all. :confused:

Yep Buy.com is second on my list, right before Fry's Outpost. :)

alex

Fry's? Doesn't sound like the kind of place I would want to buy computer stuff.....that is if they live up to their name.

Altron

I would do Fry's or W/E, but I get shit from the NJ warehouse so fast. UPS 3 day is usually same-day shipping for me. If Newegg sends it out of their warehouse in the morning, it's at my door the same afternoon.

catocom

kinda cross-threaded...

catocom said:
Newegg can't get my account fixed.
They just lost a loooong time customer.
Buy.com has no problems with my card. I also saved about $10 on similar parts
because of free shipping option.:cool:

So long Newegg. It's been fun.:wave:

Still a good price reference site.
Maybe they'll get things straightened out one day.:shrug:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
so is the moral to this thread "Only buy in-store so that you can go back in and yell LOUDLY and rail at them at the customer service desk so they give you what you want so that you can`t scare away the other customers."?

HomeLAN

No, the moral is that when a retailer, on-line or brick-and-mortar, fucks you, vote with your feet. I understand, Cat. I'm just glad they haven't done it to me.

OTOH, I know of some retailers others swear by that I'll NEVER use again.

catocom

well nothing went completely through, so I wouldn't say the ripped me.
I just had to cancel, and go get it at buy.com.
Damn Newegg. It's like losing a good dog. :crying4:

catocom

Well I just notice Newegg started accepting paypal.
I might give them one more shot next time I need to order, and try that option. :swing: