No goodnight kiss

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So, first of all I almost named this thread "No goodnight kill" which would also be TRUE but that is a GOOD thing and a given since I'm still here.

Anyway, I met up with a guy last night at IKEA whom I met on an online dating thing. A friend of his was there too as we weren't planning to meet for another 2 weeks. This was spur of the moment and his friend was at his house already. Anyway, we walked around there for a bit (I was looking for a desk) and then we were gonna walk around AGAIN to kill time til I had to leave to get my brother from work but instead he invited me back to his place (with his friend as well). So, we hung out in his room for a bit. He let me sit on his bed, he voluntarily showed me photoalbum scrap books from Highschool and college. He gave me a hug when we first met up and he gave me a hug goodbye (he lives on the 24th floor of a building and walked me all the way down to my van). No goodnight kiss though, that is OK right? He might still be interested? He asked me back again but I don't know if he just wants to be friends maybe...

This "adult dating" thing is all new to me

Raven

Annoying SOB
If the guys anything like me he probably held back on the kiss for fear or it not being accepted. If you just let things coast for a while and then ask him how he feels that'd stop any reading-into because then:

A) You've spent some time together, got to know each other better and see if you are really suitable for each other

B) It'll give you time to formulate who your gonna knock him dead ;)

Hope this helps

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Thanks Stewey, I was thinking that he prolly just didn't wanna be to forward since we only spent a couple hours together.

Thanks! :hug:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm so proud of you Nixy. You don't have to kiss a guy on the first date, and most guys don't expect a kiss on the first date either. It sounds like you met a nice, respecting boy. :wink2:

freako104

he seems to have good taste in women since he went after you. maybe he thought he was being polite by not kissing you but im sure hes still intrested. i mean who wouldnt be in a beautiful girl like you nix? itll be allright promise.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well, he told me that he just likes to meet new people and see wher eit goes (before we met) so I am trying to not get my hopes up TO much

freako104

i can understand where he stands nix. like you said dont get your hopes too high but at the same time dont give it up either. he wanted to meet you and he seems to like you so im sure everything one way or another will be allright. we luv ya :hug:

kuulani

I agree with the "kiss thing" ... he might've just wanted to take things slow and not rush into it.

Plus, its grreat that you got to meet up with him casually, without the pressure of a formal date :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Nixy said:
So, first of all I almost named this thread "No goodnight kill" which would also be TRUE but that is a GOOD thing and a given since I'm still here.

Anyway, I met up with a guy last night at IKEA whom I met on an online dating thing. A friend of his was there too as we weren't planning to meet for another 2 weeks. This was spur of the moment and his friend was at his house already. Anyway, we walked around there for a bit (I was looking for a desk) and then we were gonna walk around AGAIN to kill time til I had to leave to get my brother from work but instead he invited me back to his place (with his friend as well). So, we hung out in his room for a bit. He let me sit on his bed, he voluntarily showed me photoalbum scrap books from Highschool and college. He gave me a hug when we first met up and he gave me a hug goodbye (he lives on the 24th floor of a building and walked me all the way down to my van). No goodnight kiss though, that is OK right? He might still be interested? He asked me back again but I don't know if he just wants to be friends maybe...

This "adult dating" thing is all new to me
What? He passed up an opportunity to kiss you? :eek:

This guy's a whole hell of a lot more restrained than most. Don't let this one slip, he might be a keeper. :beerbang:

PrincessLissa

I think it's all good. My bf and I are still only at the goodnight kiss stage pretty much. We had one tounge kiss, but he is taking it slow. it's very cool when guys do that.

freako104

did you speak to him since the date nix? hope all is well. im sure itll be better one way or another. adn we luv ya :) hope everything works out to your favour

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I haven't spoke to him yet. He's on msn righ tnow but set to "busy"

he has messaged me a few times though, I am just not around when he is it seems