No, I'm not gay!!!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
so the 5 year old is taunting his brothers...i.e. zach has a girlfriend (which he does) riley has a girlfriend (which he doesn't) just to cause shit, the old nyah nyah neener neener thing. they're getting annoyed cause they can't hear the tv...so...

Zach says, Avery has a booooooooooyfriend!

and Avery, aged five, looks at him, and says very seriously, nooooooooooooo I'm not gay!!!

:alienhuh:

are kids getting old way too fast or ?? where the HELL did he learn that?!?! they don't watch anything but kiddie toons on tv. I'm truly shocked that he knew that. When we were kids, gay meant lame or dumb or a big fat poopyhead.

unclehobart

Have you asked him to define gay? He might think it to mean poopyhead or something.

...and yes... they are growing up too fast.

I too remember saying the same things at that age... I just think the difference is that I was smart enough to keep my voice down lest my dad beat me half to death for bad language.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
it was in direct response to you have a boyfriend...what else could it be?

I remember saying it...and also not having the foggiest idea what it meant other than you have cooties :confuse3:

Ms Ann Thrope

When did kids start using "gay" as a pejorative? I don't remember hearing it or saying it as a child, --we had other expletives. I certainly do hear kids using it now and I really hate it. :mad:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
As long as he doesn't say "no way!!!, i'm not ass fucking another guy", you have nothing to worry about ;)

FluerVanderloo

Use of the word 'gay', especially in high school, is like use of the toilet. Sucky analogy, but it's the best way to put it. Everything is 'gay'.

Got a D on a test? That teacher's gay
He pissed me off, he's gay
You took my quarter, that's gay

Stupid, yes, but used as much as 'wuzzup?' I won't get into that word though. Just know whenever someone says that to me it brings about the thought of that person having a load of shit in their mouth.

Anyway, does your son have any older influences like a preteen or teenager that he could have gotten it from?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I guess he must, or something :confuse3:

I could see the word gay, it's just always been so out there...it was his use in the right context at his tender age that made me go HMM

Ms Ann Thrope

FluerVanderloo said:
Use of the word 'gay', especially in high school, is like use of the toilet. Sucky analogy, but it's the best way to put it. Everything is 'gay'.

Got a D on a test? That teacher's gay
He pissed me off, he's gay
You took my quarter, that's gay

Stupid, yes, but used as much as 'wuzzup?' I won't get into that word though. Just know whenever someone says that to me it brings about the thought of that person having a load of shit in their mouth.

Anyway, does your son have any older influences like a preteen or teenager that he could have gotten it from?

I understand everyone uses it now, but I still hate it. Imagine changing the word "gay" for "white" or "black" or "Hispanic" or "French"? There is nothing wrong with being gay, so why use it to describe something negative? I never heard anyone use it in grammar school or high school. It is incredibly offensive, and I wish I knew when/how it started. :mad4:

FluerVanderloo

I know exactly where you're coming from. But if you asked anyone at my school what gay meant, 9 times out of 10 they'd answer with: fag. I HATE that tord too when it's not being used to describe a cigarette.

People as a whole are just intolerant as ever nowadays. Little by little, I think we're all just de- evolving.

chcr

Too cute for words
Ms Ann Thrope said:
I understand everyone uses it now, but I still hate it. Imagine changing the word "gay" for "white" or "black" or "Hispanic" or "French"? There is nothing wrong with being gay, so why use it to describe something negative? I never heard anyone use it in grammar school or high school. It is incredibly offensive, and I wish I knew when/how it started. :mad4:

When I was a kid a lot of people used "nigger" (not black or negro) in much the same way "gay" is used now. There's always going to be at least one, or to quote Kris Kristofferson:

’cause everybody’s gotta have somebody to look down on
Who they can feel better than at any time they please
Someone doin’ somethin’ dirty decent folks can frown on
If you can’t find nobody else, then help yourself to me

freako104

kids are grwing too fast nowa days. and gay means happy so when did it start to mean homosexual? when I was in HS people called each other my nigga or my boy or dawg. fag,gay,fucker and other explicitives were for insults

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Mine are growing up faster than I ever thought...my 10 year old has had a girlfriend...the same one mind you for about 6 months now.

*he's so gallant it's sweet, I've trained him well ;)

and my 5 year old has a good idea what gay is :(

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
6months? Holy cow!! He's beat my ex!!! Not brainsoft...the other one...I was his longest...at 2.5 months...and he's 20...:retard:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
My kids all know what gay is. I'm not really surprised though, as my oldest brother is gay.

By the way.
gay2.jpg

Sorry, just couldn't resist