Now accepting donations for the upkeep of Xi, OTC, and TSS

fury

Administrator
Staff member
We've arrived at a point where Sam can no longer afford to absorb the cost of hosting the three sites alone, so we've decided to start accepting donations. There will be a button at the bottom linking you to Paypal, allowing you to pitch in a donation (or however many donations you want) of $5.00 US.

Don't get the wrong idea, we are neither requiring nor ASKING for these donations in order for you to stay here, we are merely offering a button where people who wish to donate towards keeping the three sites up can put in however much they wish. I said all three sites, not just one, because they are all on the same hosting account.

However, as thanks for any gracious donations you might offer, we will give you a free @xibase.com email account for any donation you make.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who donate and wish to pick up your @xibase.com account, please make sure the email address you use with Paypal is current, I will be sending emails to people asking for details, based on the address that shows up when a donation is made, or if I can't get a hold of you on that one, I'll try to find you in MSN/AIM/Yahoo or send you a PM on one of the boards.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Just so you get something out of your donation other than the satisfaction of knowing the sites will (hopefully) stay up :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Psst... I'm also accepting personal donations to my Paypal account :brow:[/siz]

:D Just kidding

Psycho

As soon as I get my salary I can apply for a creditcard, and once I get it you're the first to receive a donation :headbang:

Jeslek

Banned
Can you post totals here? Not by name, just a total $$$ amount you guys received? It should be interesting.

nalani

Just a suggestion, but other boards I have belonged to have added an extra title of "contributing member" if you've donated to the maintenance of the board .. something you might want to consider :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Got it :hairbng2:

I put up the titles on those of you who I recall have donated. If I missed you and you donated, please let me know. If I missed you and you didn't donate, then donate! We might be able to get on a nice server! :headbang: