NOW I'm pissed

Q

He won't take any better care of Daisy than he did of you and the boys. And it's pretty shitty to even ask to take the kids pet. Pleeeease, please tell him to fuck off.

greenfreak

Leslie said:
I did get him to sign an agreement giving me sole custody and promising to pay $900 a month in support for now...so that's a good thing. He knows if he fucks me around on this it could be so much more, so I think this is reasonable for both of us.

So...it's over, things are moving along, and I know now I'm gonna be ok.

Do you mean you're not going to go after a legal divorce and custody of the kids? :(

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
according to the courthouse, this is as legal as a court order, as far as support and custody go, completely enforceable...

as for divorce, not yet, slow and steady wins the race...I'm hoping he pays down some of his debts first so I don't get stuck with them ;)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
he's gonna wanna...he'll end up in jail at some point or another...tons of traffic fines, tons of Rev. Canada owations...He seems to want to, he was asking me for all the addresses and whatnot... :shrug:

it's just a faraway dream :D

greenfreak

What about incidentals? I only say that because you should cover that with him before it comes up so he can't refuse. What I mean is things that health/dental insurance don't cover, if they go to summer camp or equipment for sports they may play in school... This is where my friend got screwed with her ex, he refused to contribute anything extra than the child support. His standard answer was "No, and if you don't like it, take me to court" knowing that she couldn't afford to take days off of work every time this happened.

I just hope the divorce does help you out more too-monetarily and emotionally. Severing that tie can be theraputic. :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
monetarily, it'll make things so much worse...I'll end up with not anything more, but with 5 digit debt...where right now he feels that it's all his responsibility, so hopefully he'll get some paid down, then I can do the legal thing.

and so far he's doing his share of the extras...he knows well that if he forces me to go to court to get it, I'm gonna go the whole hog...so he knows he's better off as it stands.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Just keep him that way Les, and if he starts slacking with the payments, remind him. You definitely don't need a stack of bills to start over again with.