Now That I Am 30 Years Old..

unclehobart

I can't wait to be a decrepid, toothless 90 year old man on the porch of the local retirement home rocking back and forth wearing a Motley Crue sweatshirt and hucking whiskey bottles at anything young that strays into range.

AlphaTroll

Yeah, that's what he said. Phoned him the other night, but it kept ringing.

And on another occasion I got through....but to another Oz altogether.

I miss him too.

AlphaTroll

unclehobart said:
I can't wait to be a decrepid, toothless 90 year old man on the porch of the local retirement home rocking back and forth wearing a Motley Crue sweatshirt and hucking whiskey bottles at anything young that strays into range.

Hey - you can come live in our little home with us....tonksy too....and anyone else! make it an OTC Retirement Village :D

And if I bothered to read a few posts up I'd have seen Hoon had already taken credit for such a geeky suggestion :rolleyes:

Sorry Hoon dear - the geekiness is all yours.

unclehobart

AlphaTroll said:
Hey - you can come live in our little home with us....tonksy too....and anyone else! make it an OTC Retirement Village :D

And if I bothered to read a few posts up I'd have seen Hoon had already taken credit for such a geeky suggestion :rolleyes:

Sorry Hoon dear - the geekiness is all yours.
Where would this home be? I figure that by the time we are 90, the white man will have been expunged from RSA. We wont have a place a rest in this cruel cruel world.

AlphaTroll

When you're 90 I'll be a frisky 70 something.....so there won't be much time to rest.

But I reckon by that time I'd have found a nice villa somewhere in the caribbean.......where the only medication is a fat joint every hour :D

(what do you mean by the time we're 90 the white man will be expunged.....dude, I'm 25 and it's happening already)

Rose

I think we should all make a pct right now to movw into the same old age home when we get there.

We can refer to each other as our screen names and use terms like "LoL".

Wow...that was the most geekish statement I've ever made.

*snicker* Most geekish? Why do I get a feeling there will be more?! *lol*

Besides, you're not really geekish until you say the word "lol" in real life instead of laughing at someone's joke. :mope:

Anywho ... I'm seriously looking forward to 28. I thin that will be a fun year, though I don't know why. But 24 is scaring the shit out of me. I think if I get a JEEP next year it will help, though. In fact, I'm almost certain a JEEP will cure it all.

unclehobart

Then I suggest we steer clear of the dreaded chili deBish lest we all become the aforementioned open sewers ourselves.

AlphaTroll

I was sorta thinking we'd forgo eating alltogether in favour of a more holistic approach to elderly debauchery.

AlphaTroll

Yeah, but I won't swallow anything that gives me gass.......god knows at that age I may not be able to hold it in.

Rose

Anyone heard of Eddie Glenn? He is a professor at a college in Talequah, Oklahoma I believe. Anyway, he cut a low-budget cd called "Un PC". Very good cd, if you're not easily offended.

Anyway, this thread brings to mind his song #2 on the album (I forget the title)

Well there once was a time, or so I'm told
When people knew when they was old
They voluntarily walked out and died in the snow
Just to keep the village from starving

But nowadays the old just suck off the young
And brag about things they probably never done
Drive around in Winnebagos annoying everyone
And I find this somewhat alarming.

Well the problem is medical technology
Lettin' people get older than they used to be
And how this affects the young folks you see
Is someone's gotta support 'em.

Now I realize you gotta have respect for the old
An' listen to what they say, and do what you're told
But at the risk of sounding just a little bit cold
I don't think we can afford 'em.

They take a quarter of a paycheck that's supposed to be yours
Just to keep the old codgers socially secure
It's keepin' them comfortable but it's keepin' us poor
And they wonder why we drive so fast.

Well the reason we're running you down you Old Farts
Is we're trying to get to Hardee's, Taco Bell, and Wal-Mart
To work for minimum wage and take part
In supporting your wrinkled old ass.

Then they say things like

"We're not dead yet" and
"We still can vote"
"You'll be old some day, too, you knooow"

Well I realize that may be so, but I still say we do things my way.

Mandatory genocide at 65.
They take up less space dead than alive
And you'll never get stuck behind a winnebago driving 40 miles an hour down the highway.

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED. All lyrics are property of Eddie Glenn as far as I know.

No offense intended.

:D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
catocom said:
gee Hoon your only 30. :nerd:
I hope you don't hit a big depression like my sister did when she hit 40.
The big 4 0 will be my turn next year, and it won't bother me a bit.
I still don't, and probably won't have any kids. (of my own)

Crumbsnatchers... The lot of ya. You kids wouldn't know old until it bites you in the nether regions. :D

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gato_Solo said:
Crumbsnatchers... The lot of ya. You kids wouldn't know old until it bites you in the nether regions. :D

we might not notice it then...if it's old, it ain't got no teeth