Oh cry me a river

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Poor souls...

TUCSON, Ariz. - Arizona's southern deserts are notorious for causing the deaths of illegal immigrants who try crossing miles of remote land in sizzling summer heat.

But winter can be nearly as bad for those trying to make it into the United States from Mexico. Temperatures can drop below freezing, snow and rainfall can soak migrants and shelter can be days away.

Most illegal immigrants apprehended this time of year are not prepared for the colder weather, said Dove Haber, a spokeswoman for the Border Patrol's Tucson sector, which covers most of the Arizona border except for an area around Yuma.

"I could say the same for the cold as for the heat: If you've been misled about the duration of your trip, if you're told that you're only going to be outside for three hours instead of three days, you're not going to be dressed warmly enough," Haber said. "They'll have basic jackets, but nothing compared with what they'd need, especially if they're crossing in mountainous areas."

Could somebody please tell me why I should have one iota of sympathy here? Why I should care? Why this is anything but good news?

Lemme 'splain it again, Pedro. You are breaking the law by doing this. What you are doing is illegal. Something you should not be doing. If you decide to go ahead and do it anyway, you are at your own peril. Do not expect me to be standing at the border handing out L.L. Bean coats, m'kay? This isn't a reality TV show, to see who can cross the border without getting voted out. It's your ass. If it gets frozen, shot, stabbed, starved, baked, dehydrated, bitten, or otherwise injured, tough titty. Stay at su casa and it won't happen. Comprende?

And if you do make it, I am one of those assholes who is all in favor of rounding you up, detaining you in INS lockdown for at least three years, then shipping you right back to su casa. With a tattoo on your forehead identifying you as an already deported illegal, thus making you fair game for hunters should you try it again. I'd say a $250 bounty would be sufficient to defray border control costs, and far cheaper than any other alternative. Plus it gives them Texas rednecks something to do when rattlesnake hunting is out of season.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
what about the cubans who is they get their feet on land are allowed to stay?

They border patrol should patrol north of the desert, and let nature take it's course.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
what about the cubans who is they get their feet on land are allowed to stay?

Same deal. $250/head or $1000/Dixie Cup, whichever is cheaper.

They border patrol should patrol north of the desert, and let nature take it's course.

We draw lines on maps for reasons. I dare say that 99% of American citizens respect those lines. I do. I don't live near an international border, but I'm minutes from a State line. NC has some different laws than TN. When in NC, I adhere to those laws. I buy a TN fishing license; hence, when Paint Creek empties into the French Broad River (the line is not marked but that is the generally accepted boundary), I stop fishing. If I wanna fish in the river at that juncture, I'd buy a one-day NC permit and abide by their regulations re: size restrictions, limits, bait allowed, whatever. I'd read them and understand them before I wet the first hook.

If we withdraw our patrol inward, we in effect give so much of our territory over. Not acceptable. Particularly to those land owners of that acreage. They have the same rights and protection as does an Iowa farmer after all.

Professur

I've said it before. Create a 50 mile dead zone the length of the border. Patrol it with f-16s armed with napalm. If it's warm ... it gets warmer. Fin. Conversation over, and no bodies to bury. Anyone who crosses that and gets past .... I'll welcome with a handshake. That's the type of resourcefulness and dedication to an idea that'll go far.

BTW, that dead zone works both ways. Do-gooder americans in that area handing out water and blankets get the same treatment.

woodman19_99

I hate the fact that this story comes out. Just like you said SnP, how is this anything but good news? Are they actually expecting people to give a flying f*** about this? If I see some movement to save the illegals on their crossing, I am moving out of the country.

markjs

Banned
With a tattoo on your forehead identifying you as an already deported illegal, thus making you fair game for hunters should you try it again. I'd say a $250 bounty would be sufficient to defray border control costs, and far cheaper than any other alternative. Plus it gives them Texas rednecks something to do when rattlesnake hunting is out of season.

Now that, that's just sick, truly sick, it would just give murderers a license to ply their trade and do so legally. The tatoo, I can go there, maybe on the hand not the forehead and a stiffer penalty the second time, but letting Texas rednecks have their fun, well I really hope that was your dark sense of humour?!?

spike

If it gets frozen, shot, stabbed, starved, baked, dehydrated, bitten, or otherwise injured, tough titty. Stay at su casa and it won't happen. Comprende?

And if you do make it, I am one of those assholes who is all in favor of rounding you up, detaining you in INS lockdown for at least three years, then shipping you right back to su casa. With a tattoo on your forehead identifying you as an already deported illegal, thus making you fair game for hunters should you try it again. I'd say a $250 bounty would be sufficient to defray border control costs, and far cheaper than any other alternative. Plus it gives them Texas rednecks something to do when rattlesnake hunting is out of season.

I expect that's exactly what Jesus would say. :biker: :gun4:

spike

I've said it before. Create a 50 mile dead zone the length of the border. Patrol it with f-16s armed with napalm. If it's warm ... it gets warmer. Fin. Conversation over, and no bodies to bury. Anyone who crosses that and gets past .... I'll welcome with a handshake. That's the type of resourcefulness and dedication to an idea that'll go far.

BTW, that dead zone works both ways. Do-gooder americans in that area handing out water and blankets get the same treatment.

Interesting that you're so against stem cells but all for murdering the poor and do-gooders.

markjs

Banned
Well so long as you know that Jebus loves you!

JesusChildren_350x570.jpg

:biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4::biker: :gun4: :biker: :gun4: *handonhip

catocom

God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, gave man Reasoning power For a reason.
He/they expect you to use it.

Life is a gift, and God wants you to be happy, but he also what's Justice.

At least that's my belief.

I just want to echo again....
IMO any diminishing of the sovereignty is treasonous.
Traitors should be rounded up, have their day in court, and if found guilty,
apply the sentencing guide lines.

We need to start calling people that commit treason what they are, Traitors.

spike

I just want to echo again....
IMO any diminishing of the sovereignty is treasonous.
Traitors should be rounded up, have their day in court, and if found guilty,
apply the sentencing guide lines.

We need to start calling people that commit treason what they are, Traitors.

We've had this discussion before and found no correlation to self-government or treason.

Professur

Well, Biblically, God is well known for establishing dead zones and being damn unforgiving about it. In the US, trespassing onto a secured military site often qualifies for Shoot on Sight. That's two fairly well established precedents. But then, the laws of the responsible for the existence of the Stella Award should never be overestimated.

spike

Well, Biblically, God is well known for establishing dead zones and being damn unforgiving about it.

If God wants to establish a dead zone and be unforgiving about that would be entirely different. Seems pretty clear from Jesus' example that he would be against killing people that were trying to make a better life for themselves.

In the US, trespassing onto a secured military site often qualifies for Shoot on Sight.

We're not talking about secured military sites.