oh gods, the slippery slope.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Republican presidents designed them.

So? It's Congresses call on what gets spent.

They've caused massive debt.

Nah. That'd be welfare, social security, medicare, and a bazillion other stupid projects designed to share the wealth.

Fix the roads, put some nice stamps out, arm the soldiers & have some nice parties (ambassadors lead easy lives). That would knock 80% off the budget.

spike

So, it's completely ridiculous to not hold the people who designed the budgets responsible for the effects of the budgets they designed.

Nah. That'd be welfare, social security, medicare, and a bazillion other stupid projects designed to share the wealth.

No reducing taxes without reducing spending caused massive debt.

4-14-04tax-f1.jpg

Inkara1

I find it interesting that the graph you posted twice shows data for the surplus in 2000 both with the Bush tax cuts and without. I was under the impression that he didn't take office until January 2001.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
So? It's Congresses call on what gets spent.

Let it go, Gonz. I've been saying that for quite some time, and it goes in one ear and out the other. You can't teach someone who refuses to see beyond their own personal 'boogeyman'.

That's the only refuge you guys have! Your Repugnantcant presidents make budgets and have flawed economic plans and sure you can blame Congress for following their lead, but you guys try to blame everything on someone else! When a Demorat has a budget and an economic plan far more successful than a Repugnantcant, you take credit, and when the Repugnicant puts us deeper in debt, expands the deficit, and slows economic growth, oh well then it's obviously the Demorats fault! You guys are the biggest bunch of duped idiots, and you LIKE IT THAT WAY!

No wonder our country is so fucked up The Demorats are marginally better at economics, but the Repugnantcants, have the sympathies of people who do not benefit at all from their policies. Mostly because they want to marry church and state I think. Always wanting to legislate what others can and can't do, and then hiding behind the guise of smaller government. As I said before, tax and spend will always balance out better than borrow and spend Repugnantcant policies.

Enjoy that stream of piss tricking down on you do you?

Professur

I do find it comical that you folks are still gullible enough to think that anyone, either the prez, or congress have the economic where-with-all to understand their own expense account, never mind a national budget. You've never seen, met or voted for the people who wrote the budget. They're bureaucrats, not politicians. The Prez or congress might take a hand in one project or another, but to think that they even read the budget cover to cover before signing it .... Put your tooth under your pillow, dearie ... the tooth fairy will be along shortly.

I do find it comical that you folks are still gullible enough to think that anyone, either the prez, or congress have the economic where-with-all to understand their own expense account, never mind a national budget. You've never seen, met or voted for the people who wrote the budget. They're bureaucrats, not politicians. The Prez or congress might take a hand in one project or another, but to think that they even read the budget cover to cover before signing it .... Put your tooth under your pillow, dearie ... the tooth fairy will be along shortly.

Maybe so, but is it not somewhat suspicious that under Republicans we fare so much worse? I'm sure RM, Cerise or any of them have some prefab excuse, but it still won't fly!

Professur

Maybe so, but is it not somewhat suspicious that under Republicans we fare so much worse? I'm sure RM, Cerise or any of them have some prefab excuse, but it still won't fly!

Depends on who WE are. Frankly, I'm not impressed by graphs or statistics. They very seldom reflect the whole picture. I highly doubt that the US as a whole has done any better under anyone. Probably, if the truth were told, that graph would look like a pretty consistent slope. To begin with, it doesn't show the dollar adjusted for inflation, which makes an outright lie of anything it has to say from the outset.

Professur

Wasn't aware I'd made an excuse. How can the deficit not be effected by the value of a dollar? Debt ... of what if not dollars? Unemployment? If the dollar's worth too much, factories move out. Worth too little, they move back in, but noone can afford to work there.

Personally, my big lookout on the unemployment issue is that it's too easy and too comfy.

But I notice that both Bush and Obama were right there with tax payer's dollars for the banks.

If I have $10, but I talk them out of $25 worth of goods at the store, I have a $15 trade deficit REGARDLESS of what $15 is worth. If I owe $15 Even if $15 is less this year than last year, I still owe $15 plus the agreed interest. Either you have a job or you don't. Look, I am not trying to say that ONLY republican presidents handle the economy badly. Obviously many factors contribute, but if they wrote those budgets, then that is where the problem started and it is provable that their economic plans have been less effective than those of Democrats. There is no real argument to explain it away.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So, it's completely ridiculous to not hold the people who designed the budgets responsible for the effects of the budgets they designed.

You're right. Congress passed these overblown spending bills.

No reducing taxes without reducing spending caused massive debt.

Again, you're right (hey, twice in one post-nice).

Congress needs to learn to control itself.

....No amount of facts, reason, logic, or argument can make you understand the truth that you refuse to acknowledge.

If you weren't a mod, I'd have put you on ignore long ago! So I guess unless you have a moderation issue to address me with, I am just going to pretend you are on ignore, and not react to your nonsense any more....

:moon:

Ignore list:

Frodo

H20 boy

Gonz
(unofficial and only regarding political "debate", see :banghead:)

So why any of you bother even trying to bait me, I don't know. IF I address any further argument of any of yours, it will only be on the basis of someone else using a quote of yours. Good day! I'd say it's been a pleasure, but that would be a lie. More like talking to a....

talking-to-a-brick-wall.jpg

As much as I find RM's political ideas utterly ridiculous, at least he is interesting to talk to. Sometimes he is funny as hell. But I really have to stop with the folks that just plain old bore me....

Status
Not open for further replies.