Oh, nice one Dubya and Trickier Dickhead!

I couldn't disagree more. I do not know all the ins and out of Obama's plan. Probably I should know more than I do, but I don't. What I do know though, is the longer the house and senate kick this shit around, the more they will succumb to big insurances' special interests. The big insurance companies are the one's who pay to get these fools elected, give them perks and make their lifestyles's those of the "rich and infamous".

If we first tackled campaign and lobby reform, perhaps it would be time for patience and careful consideration to "get it right". But as it is, only the little guy will get screwed. If this plan was as disastrous as special interest wants you to think, (and most folks seem to believe) don't you think it would get repealed faster than it was enacted? I'd prefer to get something pushed through before all the parts that help people who need it are gone, and big insurance milks the cash cow some more.

I sure don't like things how they are, but I also hope some nuclear option does happen, otherwise only big insurance and the GOP wins.

spike

Are you still complaining about making healthcare available to everyone when you yourself have used government run healthcare?

catocom

Are you still complaining about making healthcare available to everyone when you yourself have used government run healthcare?

yep

edit: 'cause I don't want to lose what we got, for something that ewon't work.

spike

Oh but you don't know it won't work. At this point your just trying to deny others what you have.

spike

Little_Rock_integration_protest.jpg

JTP

"Insurance, n.- An ingenious modern game of chance in which the player is allowed to falsely believe he is beating the man who runs the table."- Ambrose Bierce

I paid into health insurance for years, then filed a legit claim. Not only did they not pay, they dropped my coverage like a hot potato. They will never get another red cent from me. We would be just as well off with Faith Healers and Witch Doctors

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
broke assed failing progressive institutions, yep, that's what we're talking about

spike

Government run healthcare that people are happier with then private healthcare.

Probably because the private ones are broken.

and found that from 2002 through the first half of 2009, the health insurance companies rejected 45.7 million claims, which is a stunning 22% of all claims.

But the bad news is that the rejection rates are going up. If you only consider the first six months of 2009, PacifiCare rejected an almost unbelievable 39.6% of all claims. Other insurers are not far behind.

http://politicalirony.com/2009/09/05/rationing-death-panels-we-already-have-them/

That's what we're talking about.

The only one here arguing that Medicare and Medicaid are broke is Gonz and he never offers any evidence to support his claims. More smoke blown up our ass with no real interest in the truth in my opinion.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The only one here arguing that Medicare and Medicaid are broke is Gonz and he never offers any evidence to support his claims. More smoke blown up our ass with no real interest in the truth in my opinion.

The just-released Social Security trustees report says that Medicare will be spending more than it brings in this year. In less than a decade, the system will have run through all of its savings and be incapable of paying bills.

May 15 2009